Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not working on Windows 8

by littlegirlfairy

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I have No idea why your game crashes Mine works perfectly It obviously took a long time to load at first Cause it's loading ALL the Ep and Stuff packs at the exact same time and even before that I hadn't had any problems with the base game on Windoes 8.1 the only problem I had was that I couldn't install my Ep and stuff packs but that fixed...Best of luck buddy I hope you can play...There's also another solution lots of technical stuff but you could downgrade to Windows7 Standard smile
Message 61 of 64 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Somewhere in this post it said to doable origin in game. Mine would freeze on the load screen. I had tried EVERYTHING and I disabled origin in game and it worked.
Message 62 of 64 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Windows 8 on my Dell laptop and when I click to play the game I have found that initiating compatability mode windows 7 works best, but the game still crashes and I think the reason for this is because once you go into customizing anything within the game it crashes. 

I got it to play for a full hour just by using the sims that were already there and moving them into places that have already been created in the game. The problem I keep running into is when I try to customize the sim that's there, the house that's there or even creating a new sim all together the game crashes.

The game works, but is there a way to fix the custimization problem within the game? I know there are no more patches being made so is there another program that might help with this? 

Message 63 of 64 (873 Views)

★ Novice

To update to Windows 8.1 do you need to do anything? Or does it save all the files? I really want to update but am unsure what to do. 

Message 64 of 64 (849 Views)