Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not working on Windows 8

by BrentVD98

Original Post

★ Novice

the same happened to me. The 1st time I get to change the house and play for a while but then the game went down. Everytime I try to play again and agains and, if I try to play in an family or go to CAS the game stops running and I get a Sims2 error msg. What I don't get it is that the1st time it took 20 to 30 min to crashe (I did change the setting but fogget to save) but  now it has soon as it stops loading the household the game goes down Frown

I think it can only be solved with a patch to adress the compatibility issues with windows 8

Message 31 of 64 (10,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As it seems in the programm files, the base game is missing! this might be the problem

Message 32 of 64 (10,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
There not applying anymore patches or updates to the game anymore
Message 33 of 64 (10,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So, after they told us to uninstal any version of Sims 2 we may have already had on our computers, it turns out that this download doesn't contain the base game afterall? Awkward... Well, at least I still have the instal disks for the game (I have the CD ROM version of the base game).

I'm still waiting for my download to complete myself, but my version of the base game hasn't encountered any serious hickups when playing on Windows 8.1 (I actually had more problems with it on my old XP machine, ironically...). I never got the chance to get any of the disk versions of the expansion packs, so the base game is all I've had ever had. For the record, my computer's specs are:

Make and Model: Toshiba Satelite C55D-A

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics 2.00 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB (3.45 GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I hope that the issue is resolved by the time my download is complete, though. I'm really looking forward to playing The Sims 2 in all its intended glory.

Message 34 of 64 (10,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with the game. (I'm on windows 7 32-bit) The game is supposed to contain Sims 2 with it. If you go to the faq about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collect and scroll down it says "What does The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection contain? The Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2, as well as every single The Sims 2 expansion pack and stuff pack." So that's weird that it doesn't include the base game...  Link to the faq to see for yourself: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-faq/

Message 35 of 64 (10,561 Views)

★★ Novice

So this whole time we were just installing expansion packs. Way to ruin the happiness of those who really wanted to play the game.

Message 36 of 64 (10,472 Views)

★★ Novice

^  "The Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2, as well as every single The Sims 2 expansion pack and stuff pack."

Message 37 of 64 (10,466 Views)

★ Novice

I just looked at the program files, it include the double dexule which include the base game so not having the base game included shouldn't be the problem. I am also having the "fun with pets" crashing problem.

Message 38 of 64 (10,420 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My game don't even go to the movie before the loading screen. After I clicked on the icon of the Ulitmate Collection, nothing happened... Confusedmileyfrustrated:

My laptop indicates there's a compatibility problem and I tried several compatibilty modes, but none of them helped...

Message 39 of 64 (10,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

nothing happens when i click on the icon either. Frown

@MortyxBella wrote:

My game don't even go to the movie before the loading screen. After I clicked on the icon of the Ulitmate Collection, nothing happened... Confusedmileyfrustrated:

My laptop indicates there's a compatibility problem and I tried several compatibilty modes, but none of them helped...

Message 40 of 64 (10,370 Views)