The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection crashes at the "Create-A-Sim" menu

by rastamousey1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection crashes at the "Create-A-Sim" menu

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey EA,

I've recently got the The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection free on Origin, finished installing an hour ago, added all the expansions to my town and was ready to create a sim. I went to create the sim and on clicking the button the game crashed. I am running "Windows 8.1"  so I can understand it might not be compatible and I have tried the compatability settings and that hasn't fixed it. Please help me resolve this issue.

EDIT: I ran it in Vista compatability and it got past where I clicked the button and it would usually crashed and it to the point where I chnage my sims hair, then it crashed again.

Message 1 of 26 (33,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection crashes at the "Create-A-Sim" menu

★★★★★ Novice

I fixed mine! I used this guide:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon but I was able to go into CAS and start a sim without the game crashing. AND my neigborhood (BellaDonna Cove) is now looking like it should, no shoddy graphics. 

Good luck! Hopefully this will work for us all.

View in thread

Message 10 of 26 (37,364 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'm having a similiar if not same problem. I downloaded the game, apllied all the expansions to the town and went into Creat-A-Sim. When I clicked to add a new family member it would crash. I uninstalled and redownloaded the game twice and even did the same to Origin and it still does the same thing.

Message 2 of 26 (32,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here!

'cept mine freezes like nothing else, too.

PC specs:

1TB HDD, 

8GB RAM, 

AMD Quad Core

Radeon Dual Graphics

Win 7 Home Premium

.....Explain to me why this is crashing, exactly? XD

Message 3 of 26 (32,481 Views)

★★ Novice

same exact problem here (win 8) hoping for a fix soon

Message 4 of 26 (32,433 Views)

★★ Novice

The same Frown so annoying! Frown

@rastamousey1 wrote:

Hey EA,

I've recently got the The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection free on Origin, finished installing an hour ago, added all the expansions to my town and was ready to create a sim. I went to create the sim and on clicking the button the game crashed. I am running "Windows 8.1"  so I can understand it might not be compatible and I have tried the compatability settings and that hasn't fixed it. Please help me resolve this issue.

EDIT: I ran it in Vista compatability and it got past where I clicked the button and it would usually crashed and it to the point where I chnage my sims hair, then it crashed again.

Message 5 of 26 (32,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just wish EA would do something.

Message 6 of 26 (32,267 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here Frown feel sad

Message 7 of 26 (32,073 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So Origin is like here you can have the Sims 2 for free! Then they give us a buggy game that doesn't even run at all. Basically mine did the same where when I was changing a sim's hair in CAS it crashed. Now whenever I open CAS and hit the add a sim button I can hear the alert on my computer telling in it's crashed.

I'm glad to know it's not just me and with more people downloading the game because they are giving it out for free, they are going to have to issue some kind of fix.

I have been playing sims for 14 years but after this I am beginning to wonder if it's even worth moving forward and getting Sims 4. 

Message 8 of 26 (31,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, Same problem. One time it let me start creating a Sim, but then crashed anyway while picking clothes fo him. After that it always crashed whenever I click "create a new family member". Any help?

Message 9 of 26 (31,852 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I fixed mine! I used this guide:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon but I was able to go into CAS and start a sim without the game crashing. AND my neigborhood (BellaDonna Cove) is now looking like it should, no shoddy graphics. 

Good luck! Hopefully this will work for us all.

Message 10 of 26 (37,365 Views)