Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection 2019

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Champion

@Hagiti , explain how to do what exactly? If you are talking about getting Sims 2 digitally, the offer is no longer available.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 71 (10,631 Views)

★ Guide
Hey, I don't know if you know but if you have a physical copy of The Sims 2 or their EPs/ SPs you can get a free digital copy.
You just need the code on the pamphlet inside the box. The one you have to put into the computer to install it.

You talk to them, say the physical disc you have isn't working, they'll ask for a code, you give it to them and you get the game put on your Origin account.
Message 12 of 71 (10,412 Views)

Champion

@KatastrophicSim , EA Help Support may no longer be able to do this as the promotion was stopped in October. I would advise against doing this unless you already had a copy in your Origin account.

Message 13 of 71 (10,390 Views)

★ Guide
@Tremayne4260 I got my copy because my existing one no longer works.
There is no reason for them to deny you access to a game you already own.
Message 14 of 71 (10,371 Views)

Champion

@KatastrophicSim , it is EA's decision to no longer support Sims 2 digitally. If you got a copy, then good for you. But it was a rare occurrence. As stated in the announcement sticked at the top of this forum, EA is no longer giving out digital copies. Even with proof of ownership.

Message 15 of 71 (10,353 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @KatastrophicSim,

We offered the option to converts a disc version to a digital download version in the past, but as @Tremayne4260  said; this is no longer possible. The code support for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection has been dropped in October 2018.

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/the-sims/the-sims-2/ending-code-support-for-the-sims-2-ultimate-colle...

If you contact support now, they will not be able to give you the digital version of the game, but they will be able to provide basic troubleshooting steps.

Should you have a broken disc, then you can follow this process:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/electronic-arts-warranty-policy/

Jason.png
Message 16 of 71 (10,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@privateryan5671 wrote:

I have a Physical copy of the sims 2 (but no optical drive) and I wanted to get the sims 2 ultimate collection for free. I know the promotions have ended, but I have the actual game case, discs, and the product code. I've contacted EA support but just about everyone says they don't have any more codes and the game is discontinued. Is there still anyway to get the sims 2 ultimate collection for free in 2019? 

Go on origin, i asked & they gave me it free. because i had the actual sims 2 game there are going to ask to see the disk btw! hope this helps.

Message 17 of 71 (10,171 Views)

Champion

@JaylynNola , please read EA_Jason's reply which is posted right above yours. It doesn't matter if you have a physical disk any more or can show proof of purchase, EA is NOT giving out digital copies of the game any longer as of October 2018. 

Message 18 of 71 (10,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I just found my sims 2 games but I cant play them. I am missing some of the game codes and also my main sims game one of the diskes are cracked so there is no way for me to even download it at all. I really wish they would bring back the sims 2 to origin. like I dont mind haveing to pay for them again just on amazon they are so expensive. and Also i tried using the redem a game code on origin anf none of them show up. 

Message 19 of 71 (9,831 Views)

Champion

@xCryingConradx , EA might be able to replace the disks for a nominal fee. You will need to contact them to find out. Also, Origin will not recognize your game codes at this time as Sims 2 is not available for digital purchase.

Please see the link below for more information about replacing damaged disks. https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/electronic-arts-warranty-policy/

Message 20 of 71 (9,808 Views)