The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection 2017?

by figgteuchallee

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection 2017?

★★★★★ Newbie

Man I wish I didn't miss out, I sadly don't have any version of sims 2 , I tried buying one from amazon but the price was like $100 I'm a big fan of the sims series, I would buy every version but I dont have any money for it, EA if you are out there please find a way to get me a sims 2ultimate collection

Message 51 of 144 (2,899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can you still get it that way? I desperately want the Sims 2. I've got the sims 4 and all the game packs, stuff packs, expansions, sims 3, sims medieval, but I'm also very bad at speaking to people live, and being shut down will probably ruin any other attempts for me.

Message 52 of 144 (2,841 Views)

★★★ Guide

The logic behind NOT selling it is what bugs me. For a company that's in the business of making money, NOT selling the best game in the series makes absolutely no sense. I get EA doesn't want to support it anymore, but you sell a bunch of other old games that are barely working these days because the online servers have long been shut down. The sims games and Sims 2 in particular, have sold more copies than anything else you've ever made. Thus discontinuing the sales just because you want people to buy Sims 4 is nuts - esp since S4 is so goddamn bug-riddled it's hard to play. S2 never had remotely as many issues.

Message 53 of 144 (2,817 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys, I called the EA phone support today and talked to someone about the ultimate collection. I told her my story, I had moved across the country and no longer had my game in my possession but I got ahold of my sister and asked her to hunt down my copy to send me my code. I gave them my code and they couldn't find it in my account system, considering it was years ago and probably registered under a different account because I bought it used. The woman put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back, asking for my origin email. Two seconds later, there it was in my game library, waiting to download! So it is still very much available, you just have to talk to someone who cares enough to look into it and help you! (:

Message 54 of 144 (2,784 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got off the EA Help Live Chat requesting the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I was asked to add a photo with my physical game case and disc and the booklet if possible along with my signature and the game was added right away! Downloading it as I'm typing this. 

Contacted from Finland and it took about 15 minutes to get a hold to customer service.

Thanks so much Lokesh!

Message 55 of 144 (2,717 Views)

How get The Sims 2?

★ Novice

Hello! How can I get The Sims 2 if I missed a promotion?

Message 56 of 144 (2,715 Views)

Re: How get The Sims 2?

Community Manager

@eugenekotow I have moved your thread to this Sims 2 thread. As per the accepted solution:

Did you claim the free copy when it was available and add it to your Origin account? If you did, then yes you can download it from Origin.

If you did not claim the free copy during the promotion, then I am afraid this promotion is no longer available.

Darko.png
Message 57 of 144 (2,704 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, everyone. I would like to know if it is still possible to obtain the Ultimate Collection. I feel so bad about losing the opportunity, but I didn't know about it.
I'm from Brazil and right know the chat is not available for me.

Am I too dreamer for wishing the code in Oct 2017? 😢

Anyway... Thanks.
Message 58 of 144 (2,676 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dudadorydino, as per the second post in this thread, if you did not claim the free copy during the promotion, then this promotion is no longer available.

Darko.png
Message 59 of 144 (3,866 Views)

★ Novice
I just requested a phone call from EA support today. Took about 15 minutes for them to contact me. I told them I had a physical copy of the game and several expansion packs that I wanted to add to my Origin account. They verified my code and asked if I had tried to register it on Origin, I said I tried and it did not work. They put me on hold for a while and then said they very rarely do this, but because they can no longer offer support for individual Sims 2 packs that they were going to add the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to my account.
Message 60 of 144 (3,114 Views)