Re: The Sims 2

by SuperFinePrism

Original Post

The Sims 2

★ Novice

I want to play The Sims 2, but it doesn't have sale. I want to play The Sims 2.

Please give me  The Sims 2 or your advice about how to get it.

THANK YOU. 

PS. I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

Message 61 of 144 (3,509 Views)

Re: The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection 2017?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just contacted chat support and was told unfortunately without the physical copy they can't do anything. It's too bad because I just recently moved and the only hard copy I have left is the University Expansion copy. I attached a picture of that disc and code because it's the only one I have. Badly wanted a way to get my Sims 2 back. It was my favorite edition.

Edit:

Update. I tried contacting them again. I re-explained my situation after I found out I did, in fact, have the digital store edition. I forgot I had this one. I had attached the proof of the one physical expansion I have remaining and let the rep know I had the digital store one as well, but didn't have my others. I also mentioned I had read in the forum that they had provided the code for others in the past when they no longer had access. She was able to help me and sent me the code for the ultimate collection. So, as some have stated, it all depends on who you get as to what response you'll receive.

Super excited that I get to enjoy my Sims 2 again!

Message 62 of 144 (3,517 Views)

EA app Team

@restroyerz I have merged your question here because I found it in The Sims FreePlay forum.

As explained in this thread, the promotion is no longer available and it's not possible to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free anymore.

If you have The Sims 2 physical games, I would recommend you to contact one of our advisors through EA Help as they might be able to turn your physical copies of the games into digital. You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 63 of 144 (3,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@restroyerz

As @EA_Mai pointed out, all you would need to do is provide proof of ownership (physical retail copy, for instance) and contact a Game Advisor. 

I am currently moving and I found a bunch of my old game CDs, and I wanted to convert them all to digital copies (as the physical discs will degrade over time, or can scratch, get ruined, etc.)  The Sims 2 "Special DVD Edition" was one of the games I found. I didn't even bother coming to Answers HQ, but figured I'd fill out the ticket and take a picture of my Sims 2 CD case fanned-open to show the cover and the gamekey in the same shot. Several minutes later, I had the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in my Origin Library! I was happy and surprised -- as I know the game is old, and I never knew about the FREE GIVEAWAY for it in 2014.  So, I left really positive feedback for the EA Game Advisor because I appreciated it.

If you just want to purchase the Sims 2, check online for someone selling the physical copy (as I'm unsure if there are any other digital distributors allowed to sell it.)  If you manage to find a CD for sale, buy it, and then follow the outlined steps if you want to see if they will add it to your Origin Library.

Good Luck!

-skullified

Message 64 of 144 (3,388 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's December 10th, 2017 and I contacted their live chat and only had to provide my CD Key.

Message 65 of 144 (3,196 Views)

★★ Novice
For anyone wondering, so long as you have your sims 2 disc and code you can still ask EA origin support and they will send you the code. It works still as of 12/13/2017
Message 66 of 144 (3,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie
who did u message to do this?
Message 67 of 144 (3,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It Worked
Message 68 of 144 (2,961 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ashutosh K is who helped me and it only took a half an hour, Worth the wait Standard smile
Message 69 of 144 (6,199 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Mai so it seems to me that if I'm going to buy a Sims 2 (any eps) in my locality, then put it in origin for a digital copy... I am going to get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free?

Message 70 of 144 (6,013 Views)