[The Sims 2] The Sims 2 (original) Patch Help

by cassidyrose12

Original Post

[The Sims 2] The Sims 2 (original) Patch Help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I know this says The Sims 3, but it's help for the Sims 2.

I recently bought a used Sims 2 Game (original) off Amazon. It works fine, except for when I put my downloads in to the Downloads Folder (mods and such) and then it freezes up at the start menu and won't start. I didn't know what to do, so I did some research and discovered I needed to install a patch.

I went to thesims2.ea.com/update and downloaded the patch. When it downloaded I clicked it and all that. It told me to insert CD 4, which I did. It showed a little window titled 'Applying Update' and below it, it said 'The Sims 2 Updater ' and below that it said 'objects.package' and then there was the progress bar. After about five seconds, it stops and another window pops up saying that 'thesims2_update_cd.exe has stopped working'' and the only option is to close the program. I've uninstalled the game about five times, I even deleted all of the downloads I downloade off of the sims 2 mods to see if it would change, but it doesn't. I have Windows 8, so I have to run the Sims 2 in Windows XP compatibility. Please help! I do not have any expansion packs or stuff packs either.

Message 1 of 13 (18,798 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] The Sims 2 (original) Patch Help

★★★ Newbie

How can I get the Sims 2 patch?

Message 2 of 13 (18,421 Views)

★★ Guide

They have the patches on the SimsVip page:

http://simsvip.com/sims-games/patches/

Have you tried them?

Message 3 of 13 (18,403 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem with the patch - it starts up - say there is an error and then stop and with the program error it "rewind" the patch (same as the ex. packs)

Please help

I have never had this problem before so it has too be something to do with windows 8.

I love TS2 and have all the packs, so help please!

Kirsten Frostholm

Message 4 of 13 (18,156 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried the patches but they keep giving me the message that the installer has stopped working. Help.

Message 5 of 13 (13,437 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Rinji22,

I would recommend getting in contact with one of our advisors through EA Help as they might be able to turn your physical copy of the game to a digital one. The game would be installed and updated automatically through Origin.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 6 of 13 (13,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA! I had all The Sims 1 games and then Sims 2 came out and needless to say I love The Sims 2 better...played for yrs. and then had some major health problems and haven't been able to play for yrs. My problem is I have all the Sims 2 games and Stuff packs and my desk top is a Windows 7 but I can't find the patches anywhere...I went to Mod The Sims and Sims VIP but they only have  patches for some of the games and they don't work..causes errors and problems with the games. I sure miss when ya'll had the website to download all the patches after you installed each game. Is there any way possible I can get the patches for each game somewhere else?? I'm retired and this was one of my favorite games that I played for hours on end..lol.. Thank you for any help you can give me or direction to go! Have a great weekend! My email address is: [edit: email address removed]

Message 7 of 13 (7,610 Views)

Champion

@rhondacathey , you can do a Google search to find sites that house the Sims 2 patches. If you need any help installing the game, please let me know.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 13 (7,608 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi did you get the update patch? Now 2020 Oct 

Message 9 of 13 (7,236 Views)

Champion

@lince918 , the same way. Since Sims 2 is an older game that has been sunset by EA, you'll need to do a Google search to find the sites that house the complete collection of patches for the game. They are out there, but you have to search for them.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 13 (7,234 Views)