Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[The Sims 2] The Sims 2 (original) Patch Help

by cassidyrose12

Original Post

Highlighted

[The Sims 2] The Sims 2 (original) Patch Help

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I know this says The Sims 3, but it's help for the Sims 2.

I recently bought a used Sims 2 Game (original) off Amazon. It works fine, except for when I put my downloads in to the Downloads Folder (mods and such) and then it freezes up at the start menu and won't start. I didn't know what to do, so I did some research and discovered I needed to install a patch.

I went to thesims2.ea.com/update and downloaded the patch. When it downloaded I clicked it and all that. It told me to insert CD 4, which I did. It showed a little window titled 'Applying Update' and below it, it said 'The Sims 2 Updater ' and below that it said 'objects.package' and then there was the progress bar. After about five seconds, it stops and another window pops up saying that 'thesims2_update_cd.exe has stopped working'' and the only option is to close the program. I've uninstalled the game about five times, I even deleted all of the downloads I downloade off of the sims 2 mods to see if it would change, but it doesn't. I have Windows 8, so I have to run the Sims 2 in Windows XP compatibility. Please help! I do not have any expansion packs or stuff packs either.

Message 1 of 6 (9,383 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] The Sims 2 (original) Patch Help

★★ Newbie

How can I get the Sims 2 patch?

Message 2 of 6 (9,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They have the patches on the SimsVip page:

http://simsvip.com/sims-games/patches/

Have you tried them?

Message 3 of 6 (8,997 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem with the patch - it starts up - say there is an error and then stop and with the program error it "rewind" the patch (same as the ex. packs)

Please help

I have never had this problem before so it has too be something to do with windows 8.

I love TS2 and have all the packs, so help please!

Kirsten Frostholm

Message 4 of 6 (8,750 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried the patches but they keep giving me the message that the installer has stopped working. Help.

Message 5 of 6 (4,031 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Rinji22,

I would recommend getting in contact with one of our advisors through EA Help as they might be able to turn your physical copy of the game to a digital one. The game would be installed and updated automatically through Origin.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 6 of 6 (4,021 Views)
Twitter Stream