[The Sims 2] Compatibility with Windows 8/10

by radiantaubade

Original Post

Re: [The Sims 2] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, this lady should fix all your windows 10 problems with newer graphics cards:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Message 61 of 86 (9,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bonjour a tous j'ai télécharger les sims 2 sur origin sauf qu'il ne lance pas meme pas une fenetre s'ouvre (je suis sur windows 10)

Message 62 of 86 (9,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello all I download the sims 2 on origin except it does not not even launch a window opens (I'm on Windows 10)

Message 63 of 86 (9,717 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] Compatibility with Windows 8/10

★★ Novice

With Windows 10 (I'm not sure about Windows 8, but it could be the same) Have you Sims 2 in windowed mode, when my computer upgraded from a Windows 7 to Windows 10, my Sims 2 worked for about 5 before crashing, but I had it in fullscreen mode but I've heard that windowed mode can help stop the game from crashing, but anyway I have a computer which is on Windows 7 and that is where I have my Sims 2 and Expansion and Stuff packs. And yeah, I love the Sims 2 so much, but unfortunately I don't have The Sims 2 Apartment Life or The Sims 2 Garden and Mansion Stuff but I have all the others, what expansions and stuff packs do you have @radiantaubade? Party hat

Message 64 of 86 (8,763 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry about the spelling and grammar mistakes, but I have no idea what else to suggest than windowed mode Standard smile

Message 65 of 86 (8,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did they ever get back to you again?  I have tried everything I find on the internet and still cannot get my games to play.
I have spend so much $$ on them and cannot play at all.  It is very frustrating

Message 66 of 86 (7,816 Views)

★★ Novice

I found a FREE way to get Sims 2 to work.  It may take some time but it is awesome.  YOu have to chat with EA Help.  Tell them you missed out on Sims 2 Complete collection and ask them if there is anyway you can still get it, because you are a mega fan.  If you find the right representative and have Origin you can still get it.  All you need is a game code from Sims 2 game, to prove you bought it.   It took me three tries, but I got it.  It can be a little glitchy but it works.  There are YouTube videos with more specific directions if mine aren't clear.  I hope this helps.

Message 67 of 86 (7,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much! It works!
Message 68 of 86 (7,480 Views)

★ Novice

Still cannot get it to work, I'm on windows 8 and I have the ultimate collection. When I asked (from the help line chats) he said that it doesn't work on certain machines for awhile because technically it isn't supported by Origin any more but it should do after some time? I really want to play sims 2!!

Message 69 of 86 (7,380 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I just got windows 10 and when I try to load it I get an error Direct X 9.0c graphics driver is not found. Now, I checked the log and it said that my graphic driver is unsupported, is there a way to make it supported?

Message 70 of 86 (7,136 Views)