Re: [The Sims 2] Compatibility with Windows 8/10

by Sunflowergal227

Original Post

@Sunflowergal227, you installed DirectX 9.0c? On Nvidia Control Center, in Program Setting you indicated .exe file game (latest addon)? That can, maybe...

Message 71 of 86 (10,889 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

working as an intel chip card. Also, I already solved this problem by downloading a graphic rules thing which helped it work.

Message 72 of 86 (10,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for sharing! This worked for me too. Standard smile

Message 73 of 86 (5,387 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

★★ Apprentice

Which one?

Message 74 of 86 (4,137 Views)

★ Apprentice

It worked !!! Thank u so much!

Message 75 of 86 (4,129 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a relatively new machine with a GTX 1070 GPU and Windows 10, and despite being able to support much more demanding, modern games on ultra-high settings, I couldn't run TS2 or TS3. Both clients were crashing either just before loading the world, or before the intro was finished. 

The issue was that the games are old and stopped being updated before the release of modern graphics cards, thus they weren't recognizing my GPU. This often caused an infinite memory loop or ACCESS_VIOLATION error, which in turn caused the clients to crash prematurely. The only fix was updating the graphics settings in the .sgr files for both clients. For TS2 I used the Graphics Rules Maker by Sims Network, and cross-verified my settings via Leefish's support forum - as that information has not been discussed/shared in TS2 troubleshooting on the EA forum (none of the EA support steps worked for me, including changing compatibility settings). There are several good guides on how to add modern GPU info to graphics rules.sgr and video cards.sgr files, in addition to adjusting recognized memory and resolution settings - Leefish is the most prominent one for TS2. 

Now my graphics card is recognized, my 32GB memory is recognized, and I'm able to play both games again without issue. This is especially amazing because I haven't been able to play TS3 since 2016. 

Message 76 of 86 (3,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

help...i'm trying to download my Sims2 game and I insert the first disc and it goes to about 3% then an error occurs which says 'TSData/Res/Sim3D/Sims08.package.  what can I do to get my game to download?  I absolutely love Sims2.  Hope you can help me. 

Message 77 of 86 (3,384 Views)

Champion

@cherylbaby, if you can start a new thread that would be wonderful. Then we can keep track of what we try easier than trying to read posts in an old thread. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 78 of 86 (3,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me which is amazing considering I have been trying for about a year. But the size of the actual game is small do you know how do make it bigger? It won't let me make the page full screen

Message 79 of 86 (2,787 Views)

Champion

@aimeelb20 , Can you please start a new thread? That way it's easier to keep track of new problems. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 80 of 86 (2,774 Views)