Re: [The Sims 2] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by MJGTheCreator

Original Post

★ Novice

Vous cliquez avel la touche droite de la souris sur l'icone Les sims 2 et vous choisissez proprietes... Vous allez sur compatibilite e vou mettez executer tant qu'administrateur et vous mettez Windows xp(service pack 3) : Smileytongue:

@mattvag wrote:

Pouvez vous nous expliquez la manipulation à faire en FRANCAIS s'il vous plait. Parceque je ne comprends pas tout...

J'ai un nouvel ordinateur windows 8 et les sims 2 ne marche pas : c'est mis erreur fatale,.. Comment faire pour que ce soit compatible ?

Message 51 of 86 (53,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

GUYS!!! I HAVE A SOLUTION:

All you have to do is turn your computer onto airplane mode/flight mode and then load the launcher!

Happy playing Confusedmileytongue:

xoxo kira

Message 52 of 86 (53,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've figured out a fix of some sort. I used to crash on CAS after clicking onto face shape but I seem to be able to get past there. I'm not sure about playing a household but that seemed to be OK for me before

1. Right click the shortcut to sims 2 on your desktop. Then select properties

2.Under compatibility, click "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and in the dropdown menu, choose Windows 98/Windows ME (The earliest version of windows TS2 supported)

3. Under that, select reduced colour mode and make sure it is set to 8 bit (256) colour

4. Also select "Run as administrator" Apply and close that window

Now load up TS2 and get to where you were crashing. Test it out!

These seems to work for me on windows 8.1 running a 64 bit OS. Hope this helps!

Message 53 of 86 (52,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too it doesn't work it's annoying

Message 54 of 86 (52,324 Views)

★ Novice

Neither this or the other possible solution worked for me.. I have no such TS whatever files in my Bin and using windows xp sp3 compatability doesnt work because i cant install new expansions.. Am i the only one here who never had Sims 2 on another PC but is installing everything fresh? I got the graphics to work by downloading a custom fix and using the Nvidia Control Panel. I installed The Sims 2 and the Sims 2 university life collection beautifully.. BUT When i try to install Open for Buisness it forces me to update at the end, i put in the sims 2 disk 4 like it asks.. and it doesnt work. It tells me there is an issue, then terminates the installation and uninstalls open for buisness. I have tried running that TS whatever that makes you update in compatability mode, running sims 2 itself, university life, and all apps in the files in compatability mode... and nothing. Even the autorun within the open for buisness and Sims 2 disk 4 did not work when i set them in compatability mode. I want to play sims 2 Frown. HELP

Message 55 of 86 (52,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If you have the same problem as me, and the "Unspecified error" shows up while you try to launch Sims 2, all you have to do is is right click on your Sims 2 game and click on "Properties". You then have to go on "Compability". You then have to click on the box that says "Run this program as an administrator" and it should tick it, then click "Apply" and then "Ok". And then when you launch your Sims 2 game and it shows up with a message, you should click "Run this program without getting help" and it should work fine, maybe a bit slower, but it should work! If it doesnt work, then I'm not sure how to fix it. Good luck!

Message 56 of 86 (52,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hello my name is Crissy. I want to know if you can help me?? I brought the sims 2 double deluxe off of eBay and it only came with one disk. I tried to install it and when it gets to 57 percent (lot 11) it says that an error occurred. Can you please help me and tell me what to do?? Also, I never installed it before. Thank you and God bless.
Message 57 of 86 (51,941 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] Compatibility with Windows 8/10

★★ Novice

I have this problem 2! and I have tried the suggestions everyone else has said to do but this doesn't fix my game :{

Message 58 of 86 (50,591 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] Compatibility with Windows 8/10

★★★ Newbie

hey this is not a complete fix but what I did is with windows 10 I right clicked the launcher icon and went into compatibility settings and changed the compatibility mode from 10 to windows xp you should see it with an unticked box above it and windows vista pre selected and the game still crashes but you can make a character just not use some items or goto certain area of the game. 

Message 59 of 86 (50,439 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Dawnrunner879103 wrote:

I've figured out a fix of some sort. I used to crash on CAS after clicking onto face shape but I seem to be able to get past there. I'm not sure about playing a household but that seemed to be OK for me before

1. Right click the shortcut to sims 2 on your desktop. Then select properties

2.Under compatibility, click "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and in the dropdown menu, choose Windows 98/Windows ME (The earliest version of windows TS2 supported)

3. Under that, select reduced colour mode and make sure it is set to 8 bit (256) colour

4. Also select "Run as administrator" Apply and close that window

Now load up TS2 and get to where you were crashing. Test it out!

These seems to work for me on windows 8.1 running a 64 bit OS. Hope this helps!

Did it ever!!  Worked for me on Windows 10, and I was about to go hunt an old computer just to play!!  Many, many thanks!!!!!

Message 60 of 86 (50,393 Views)