Re: [The Sims 2] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by lisaawill1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

has anyone figured out how to get it to work yet?

tia

Message 41 of 86 (17,830 Views)

Message 42 of 86 (17,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. Did that work for your EP's as well?

Message 43 of 86 (17,697 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, the neighbourhood comes up in black! I have tried EVERYTHING.

Message 44 of 86 (17,380 Views)

★ Novice

My case is the same as pretty much every other post but when i do finally get to click 'Play', it says it does not recognize the cd or i do not have it in the drive. I do, and it is the correct CD and everything?

Message 45 of 86 (16,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Follow this guys short video on Youtube. Fixes the problem so you can play your Sims 2 Expansion Packs. I had the same problem where The Sims 2 base game would install fine. But then when I tried to add my expansion packs, at the stage where it 'Checks the existing product is up to date' it would crash and terminate the entire installation. This video has been a god send, totally fixed and now playing Confusedmileyhappy:

http://youtu.be/oBfFGXRSuS4

Message 46 of 86 (16,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

am so glad I am not alone, I like Sims 2 better as well!

Message 47 of 86 (15,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This link worked for me so far perfectly. I have now  been playing for almost 2 hours with only slight glitches in build mode. 

Fingers crossed it continues to work. 

Thank you Standard smile

Message 48 of 86 (15,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey, I have a problem with installing my The Sims 2 Pet Stories, I got a new HP laptop with Windows 8.1, and I don't know why exactly it's not working. It is telling me to install Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better. My sister has Windows 8 I think on her HP computer or something like that and it works fine on it, I have installed it, but there are no folders on my laptop with Sims or any other EA games. The message that comes up when i click on the sims on my desktop says: "This application is not compatible, with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better." and the only option i get is to click okay to that notification. Is there anyway you can help me? Thank you.

Message 49 of 86 (15,887 Views)

★ Novice

You buy the sims 2 deluxe!

Message 50 of 86 (16,403 Views)