Re: [The Sims 2] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by danielr02

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mattvag wrote:

Pouvez vous nous expliquez la manipulation à faire en FRANCAIS s'il vous plait. Parceque je ne comprends pas tout...

J'ai un nouvel ordinateur windows 8 et les sims 2 ne marche pas : c'est mis erreur fatale,.. Comment faire pour que ce soit compatible ?

Nous essayons de voir si quelqu'un sait comment rendre compatible, sans succès, vous pouvez télécharger tout ce que vous voulez, mais il ne fonctionne pas bien sur mon ordinateur. xxviiickiiixx dit qu'elle / il se demande pourquoi EA ne fait rien.

Message 31 of 86 (20,897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a Windows 8.1 and I have tried EVERYTHING to get my game installing, also wondering why EA isn't much help, they haven't been helpful at all really, no help with The Sims 2 or The Sims 4

Message 32 of 86 (20,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I WISH IT WORKED FOR MY WINDOWS 8 COMPUTER.  THIS IS TOTAL BULL. I HAVE THE SIMS 3 EXPANSION PACKS AND THEY WORK FINE ON WINDOWS 8 BUT THE SIMS 2 DOES NOT.    AND EVEN THE SIMS 3 IS HAVING GLITCHES WITH WINDOWS 8 AFTER WINDOWS 8.1 UPDATE THE SIMS 3 RESOLUTION WILL NOT GO FULL SCREEN. IM LIKE DAMMN!!!  FIRST THE SIMS 2 NOW THE SIMS 3 IS HAVING ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 8.   EA IS PATHETIC I MEAN YOU KNOW THEY CAN EASILY EEEEASILY  MAKE A PATCH OR AN UPDATE FOR THE DAMN GAMES TO WORK 100% WITH WINDOWS 8 BUT THEY CHOOOSE NOT TO. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY SO THEY CAN  GET YOU TO BUY THE NEWER GAMES.   I REALLY LIKE SIMS 2 MORE THAN SIMS 3 BUT WHATEVER.  I GUESS IM DONE WITH SIMS FOR A WHILE. HOPEFULLY THEY CREATE A PATCH OR SOMETHING -___-

Message 33 of 86 (20,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for sims 2 on windows 8 and 8.1 to get it running all you have to do when installing is replace C:\Program Files (86)\EA GAMES with C:\Program Files\EA GAMES and it works thats all there is to it when installing a expansion pack do the same thing DONE

Message 34 of 86 (20,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm able to download the games onto my computer but once I get into the game, it runs so slow and EVERYTHING (Town, CAS, etc.) Is pixelated and glitchy. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 35 of 86 (19,788 Views)

★ Novice

Does that honestly work?

Message 36 of 86 (18,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

Good news I hope. This is what I did and it worked

First, right click on the shortcut/program and select troubleshoot in compatibility mode, tell it it used to work but doesnt now, click the bottom option, and select windows 7 (top option). When you get on,l click your living place then before you do anything, go to settings. Change all the graphic stuff to medium, not high. And turn reflections off - then it works perfectly for me.

Lots of threads saying about the windows 8 graphics cards being a problem which is what made me change the graphics down. Good luck everyone!

Message 37 of 86 (18,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone!

I recently downloaded The Sims 2 UC from Origin. Firstly I couldn't do anything because game crashed (win8), but after updating to win8.1 and turning compatibility to win7 it worked perfectly! Till today. My computer showed me a message to update almost all drivers because of recent system changes, and I did that (I am not really into technology, so I do whatever computer tells me to do, I just don't want to break it). And after restarting computer, TS2 stopped working. I tried with administrator and compatibility mode, and now I have NO IDEA what else could I do. Maybe it's just the matter of changing some settings in drivers? I would be very greatful for help. 

win8.1, x64, 6gb ram, intel core i5, intel(R) HD graphics 4000 (this is all I found about my computer, maybe that will help solve this problem? ;/)

Message 38 of 86 (18,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem, thru looking and looking and trying everything to get Sims 2 to work on my windows 8 almost patches and all giving up I looked one more time and the guy said turn off your internet/WiFi I did and now it works perfectly fine now. I went thru all that just to find out all I had to do was turn turn off my WiFi lol.
Message 39 of 86 (18,201 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had issues too. I have The Sims 2 Fun With Pets EP and the launcher crashed every time. Something about a script problem. Anyway, this is what I did to get it to work... I went into Windows (CStandard smile - EA GAMES - The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection - EP99 - TSBIN. I then clicked on the file called Sims2SC.exe and then right clicked and went to Send To - Desktop (Create Shortcut). I then changed the name so that I don't have to worry about confusing it with the other icons. If that doesn't work, then you can just click on the Sims2SC.exe file from the TSBin. It works that way as well. If you have an older EP, do the same thing, just follow the same steps, but rather than go to Fun With Pets Collection, click on the most recent EP that you own and then follow the rest of the stepsStandard smile I'm running on Windows 8 and I have all the other Sims games installed, Sims 3 and 4, and so far Sims 2 is the only one that has a problem. Sims 3 runs a little slow, but Sims 4 runs smoothly. I think it's because there is a bug with the Windows 8 software. They released 8.1 to fix that, but so far, I see no improvement.

Message 40 of 86 (16,726 Views)