Re: [The Sims 2] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by frankthedsigner

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know which Windows 8 you guys are using but The Sims 2 doesn't want to install further than the base game on my machine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Computer, I even run the latest games. The problem lies with the updating of The Sims 2 after each installation. I even tried installing just certain expansion packs but each time it reach 99% and it needs to update the installation rolls-back and remove the game from my PC...

This is SUPER frustrating! I know Windows wants to move forward and have new generation games being played on their "new operating system" but who care about the latest games? We can't afford those! JUST FIX THIS! I have ALL 18 Sims 2 games which is gathering dust on the shelf and I NEED to play them... If anyone has a better solution to installing or making this game run on Windows 8, PLEASE let us know!!!

Message 11 of 86 (99,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

[Removed - Admin.]

Message 12 of 86 (99,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you are able to get a neighborhood to load, choose one of the preexisting families and move them into a house. Save the game from that point. I could not  use it for more than 3 minutes at a time, and I was unable to create my own character until I tried this. After I had established a save point, I was able to play the game just as before. Hope this helps! :-)

Message 13 of 86 (99,412 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I was just wondering doesn't EA do anything about this???

I mean like most of us I've looked for solutions online and did everything they tell you but it still wont work and EA doesn't help us at all???

BTW, signed the petition Tongue out

Message 14 of 86 (99,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pouvez vous nous expliquez la manipulation à faire en FRANCAIS s'il vous plait. Parceque je ne comprends pas tout...

J'ai un nouvel ordinateur windows 8 et les sims 2 ne marche pas : c'est mis erreur fatale,.. Comment faire pour que ce soit compatible ?

Message 15 of 86 (98,531 Views)

★★ Novice

all i did was install windows 8.1 and everything works. I play for three hours straight without problems

Message 16 of 86 (98,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

[REMOVED]

Message 17 of 86 (98,357 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure about the Windows 8.1 thing, I did my own resolution from this post prior to the release of 8.1. It might word as well.

Message 18 of 86 (98,358 Views)

★★ Novice

@radiantaubade wrote:

Okay, I don't like Sims 3; Sims 2 is the best, I love it so much. I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 8 and I managed to get Sims 2 itself on my laptop but I can't install the patch therefore can't install any expansions. PLEASE MAKE A PATCH THAT MAKES SIMS 2 COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8! I don't want to have all these Sims 2 games for nothing. >.>

http://puu.sh/50Ocb.png look at this, this was EA's response when I asked them.

Message 19 of 86 (98,301 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem, I was able to download and install origin, and the sims 2 games. They updated fine, and I installed the patch.  The problem I'm having is the Sims 2 launcher wont launch. It says that a problem caused the launcher act unexpectedly and it checks for a solution to the problem and then closes without doing anything. I've restarted my machine and updated windows and I'm thoroughly convinced I HATE WINDOWS 8!

Message 20 of 86 (51,504 Views)