Re: The Sims 2 Collection Problems

by Wndblwz

Original Post

The Sims 2 Collection Problems

★★★ Newbie

I got the TS2 Fun with Pets bundle when it was free on Origin, the game downloaded and ran fine, no big issues. Today I switched over to the EA app on a new PC and I log in to find TS2 Fun with Pets has magically changed to The Sims 2 Double Deluxe... So now not only do I have the wrong game but the app gives me an error message when I try to install it. "There was a problem with your download. Give us a few minutes and try again."  What gives?

Message 1 of 7 (641 Views)

Hero
@John61787 EA is currently investigating this problem. You still need to use Origin to download it (for now), but you should be able to run it while logged into the EA App.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Win 11, will Origin still run? I don't think they updated it for 11. 

Message 3 of 7 (593 Views)

Champion

@John61787 , if you used Origin before switching to the EA App, it will still run. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 7 (581 Views)

★★ Guide

I redownloaded Origin and it tells me I need to be online to sign-in, although I am online. I've been unable to reinstall Sims 2 since downloading the EA app.

Message 5 of 7 (492 Views)

Champion

@Wndblwz , found this section in the Origin forums that should help you resolve the issue. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin/m-p/5019298. EA is still supporting Origin at this time.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 7 (476 Views)

★★ Guide
@Tremayne4260 Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (466 Views)