The Sims 1 On Origin?

by Wackyweirdochic

Original Post

Re: The Sims 1 On Origin?

★★★★ Novice

@nicke222notfake wrote:

What I find odd is that they have tech support for it, which implies that it is locked away in the origin server.

That is very solid observation.. I can't wait to hear a comeback on that !!

Message 11 of 17 (1,945 Views)

Champion

@Raven96784 , here is the very simple answer. Many people still have the installed on their computers from their original disks or have bought copies of the game on disks (which are still available to purchase). To my knowledge the original The Sims has never been available on Origin. EA offers support to all the games it has published over the years even if they do not officially sell copies any longer. 

As I stated in an earlier post, the decision was made by EA to not update these older games. It is EA's decision to make no matter how much the fans want "remastered" copies to play. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 17 (1,923 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 Thank you for reply. I am one of the people that still have my personal 'The Sims Deluxe Edition' original disks.. purchased when initially released two decades ago. Although the disks appear without a flaw the back side of case has broken away and I haven't located the booklet. The computers I initially installed upon have died long ago, because of this I was interested in the possibility of being able to play through Origin.

Thanks for your explainations, it's good to know EA offers support to all published games over the years even if they do not officially sell copies any longer, I didn't know that.
I appreciate your helpfulness.
Message 13 of 17 (1,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Tremayne4260I understand what you are saying, but don't totally agree. The Sims 2 IS available on Origin and still being provided by EA to those who can show proof that they have previously owned the title. For instance: I repeatedly contacted support attempting to get The Sims 2 on Origin, but was told without my code from the case of one of my games, or other proof, I was not able to get it. After finally asking the right question: "Is the Sims 2 Store Edition shown on Origin for everyone, or only those who own the Sims 2?", I was told it was only for those who owned The Sims 2. After proving that the Store Edition was, indeed, in my game library, I was finally given a code for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. My point is, what you were saying might POSSIBLY be true for Sims 1, if that... but it definitely isn't true for Sims 2.

Message 14 of 17 (1,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@heavenly013 , you probably got your Origin digital copy of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection before October 2018. If you read the following link, you will see that EA made the decision to end this promotion and the option to get Sims 2 or any of its expansions in a digital format for the Windows OS is no longer available. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/Ending-code-support-for-The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collectio...

Message 15 of 17 (1,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, would love to see the original released. I've been wanting to play this for such a long time. The original is classic and the best one of the series. People need a chance to play the one that started it all!

Message 16 of 17 (1,436 Views)

Champion

@Ma55iveA77ack , EA has no plans at this time to have any of the older titles (except for Sims 3, Sims Medieval and Sims 4) ported, remastered and added to Origin. If you still have your original CDs and an external disk drive, the game can run on Windows 10.

Message 17 of 17 (1,387 Views)