Re: [The Sims 1 Livin' It Up/Livin' Large] Nothing that was advertised is there?

by Livy_Licious

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[The Sims 1 Livin' It Up/Livin' Large] Nothing that was advertised is there?

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

As a present I got given the Sims 1: Livin' It Up (Livin' Large), which was bought from eBay. I go to install the expansion pack and it installs quite quickly... however; When I go into my game, there's no neighbourhoods, sims, clothing, items or anything the game had advertised. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15 (3,554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [The Sims 1 Livin' It Up/Livin' Large] Nothing that was advertised is there?

Champion

@Livy_Licious no problem. Just trying to help you out. Standard smile

So, a clean install may be the answer. Please keep me updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (4,089 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Livy_Licious unlike Sims 2, the neighborhood layout is exactly the same. It just means you can have five different versions of the same neighborhood. If I remember correctly, there were 5 new careers which came with the game (Musician, Slacker, Paranormal, Journalism and Hacker). See if you can get is a job in one of these careers and if so the EP is installed correctly.

Please respond back.

Message 2 of 15 (3,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi @Tremayne4260 , thanks for the reply!

I go to get my sim a job, and all the new jobs titles are blank. There's clearly something strange going on...

Thanks for the advice any more help would be appreciated!

Message 3 of 15 (3,512 Views)

Champion

@Livy_Licious , just thinking out loud here, but what expansion packs do you have for Sims 1? Normally, I would say that you can install the EPs in any order, but I know Sims 2 kind of requires you to install in release order. The release order for Sims 1 is as follows:

1) The Sims (Base Game)

2) Livin' Large

3) House Party

4) Hot Date

5) Vacation (I think it was called something else outside the US. Holiday maybe?)

6) Unleased

7) Superstar

8) Makin' Magic

If possible, uninstall Sims 1 and install the EPs in release order. Save your game folder (I think it's found Documents > EA Games > The Sims) to your Desktop before uninstalling and you should be able to replace it once you reinstall.

Message 4 of 15 (3,428 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again, @Tremayne4260 !

I only have The Sims 1 (base game) and Livin’ It Up (Livin’ Large) . 

Thanks again for the reply!

Message 5 of 15 (3,418 Views)

Champion

@Livy_Licious , hum... if I remember correctly Livin' Large took at least 15 to 20 minutes to install back in the day. Did you try moving the game folder (Documents > EA Games > The Sims) to your Desktop? Do not delete it as that is where your saved games are stored.

Message 6 of 15 (3,416 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I forgot to do that, I’ll have to do it a bit later if that’s okay? I definitely knew something was strange when it installed so quickly. Thanks for the information @Tremayne4260 !

Message 7 of 15 (3,410 Views)

Champion

@Livy_Licious , you are most welcome. Standard smile Please keep me updated! 

Message 8 of 15 (3,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 Just got given the next expansion pack, House Party. It took around 5 minutes for it to install, but no new items, neighbourhoods or anything. There's definitely something going on here. Very strange...

Edit: Just tried to get into the sims 1 again and it says "Please Login With Administrator Privileges and Try Again" , I honestly don't know what's going on at all. 

Message 9 of 15 (3,365 Views)

Champion

Before you installed Livin' Large, the game ran ok right? You may have to uninstalled the game and reinstall it.  Frown It shouldn't take 5 minutes to install either expansion. Make sure you are running with Administrator privileges (and I'm sure you were, but please check). I can feel your pain. Having problems with Sims 2 UC at the moment, but I'll get it sorted out shortly. 

Message 10 of 15 (3,345 Views)