The SIms 2 Ultimate Col. Breaks operating systems?

by TheSwissOpossum

Original Post

The SIms 2 Ultimate Col. Breaks operating systems?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

so i have The Sims 2 Ultimate col. edition, and i wanna play it soooooo badly.. the only problem is:

i had it installed on 3 different laptops i had over the years, but as soon as i installed the sims 2 and played it for a few months, all of my computers completly broke.. or better to say all of the operating systems completly broke down.. i am afraid that if im gonna install it to my current Laptop (Predator 17x) it will break too...

did anyone had this too? how can i play it again? i miss sims 2 so much.. do i need to buy a computer with windows 7 or XP for it to work? xDDD

cheers

Sushi

Message 1 of 13 (678 Views)

Re: The SIms 2 Ultimate Col. Breaks operating systems?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@TheSwissOpossumI've had problems with the game not running on newer hardware but I've never had the game break my Pc?

Message 2 of 13 (637 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had problems running it too.. but then i follpwed some tutorials on how to make it work.. did all the steps step by step (which is ofc. Very important otherwhise you screw up the whole game) 

However no idk if thats why my computers broke... idk im way to paraboid about that to install it xD

Message 3 of 13 (629 Views)

Champion

@TheSwissOpossum , do you have Sims 2 UC through your Origin account? If so, it shouldn't break your computer as EA removed all the SECURom code when they had it on Origin. However, if you do not have the Origin version, you will need to make sure you remove the code for SECURom before playing the game again as SECURom can break your computer. 

You will need to do a Google search on how to remove SECURom for further instructions.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 13 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Tremayne4260i do have it on origin.. allways had it on origin! I do have it on CD but my new laptop doesnt even have a CD input thingy (english is not my first language idk how you call it xD)

but those versions broke my computers too hahaha...
I am so afraid to install it xD

Do i have to remove it manually? I am afraid that when i do it breaks everything... idk why but for me it seems like whenever other people do sh*t, it works, but when i do stuff, everything breaks down uwu

Message 5 of 13 (593 Views)

Champion

@TheSwissOpossum , installing it from Origin should be fine. However, I do understand your reluctance to reinstall it on your new computer. I would read up as much as I could on what some of the best practices are for installing the game, what extra programs and steps I would need to take and if there are any additional things I need to do to get the game to run. I would do a Google search instead of simply searching here.

Once you feel comfortable reinstalling the game, I'm always around to check on what we need to do to install the game. A good forum to check is Leefish's site as they always have the latest information on installing Sims 2 on the Windows OS.

Message 6 of 13 (571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 https://youtu.be/iRvAQSf0Rhc i found this but it confused me xD
So when i install it, i need to update the game and then install 4gb patch and graphic rulemaker, change the settings and then i can play the game without even worry about those pink flashes?
Message 7 of 13 (544 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Ok so i downloadet it... buuuut no neighbourhoods....i tryed deleting the tm in the displayname but that didnt helped at all
Message 8 of 13 (533 Views)

Champion

@TheSwissOpossum , first thing is to try this. Locate your Sims 2 folder found Documents > EA Games > Sims 2. Next move the folder to your Desktop. Do not copy and paste it or create a shortcut, actually move it. Next start up the game. This will create a new Sims 2 folder. If the neighborhoods show up, pick one and play for about an hour to see if the game runs. 

Let me know if this works.

Message 9 of 13 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Tremayne4260Ok there is no sims 2 folder in my EA Games folder... only sims 4
When i move it from the origin games folder it sayes the game isnt installed and i have to download it...

Message 10 of 13 (474 Views)