Sims Medieval won't launch on Windows 10

by stormymonday1020

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval won't launch on Windows 10

★★★ Novice
I was told by EA that the game has had trouble working with Windows 10, and that there is not much that can be done :/
Message 11 of 43 (9,489 Views)

★★ Novice

This is what you do. You get your old pc out of the garage...the one that smokes when you turn it on?  Put the game on that one.

Message 12 of 43 (8,796 Views)

★★★ Novice

So basically, you're telling me that I have to risk burning my house down to be able to play this game on Win10? No thanks, I'll just uninstall P&N since the Medieval base worked just fine on its own, even though I liked having the P&N quests and whatnot available for use.

Message 13 of 43 (8,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just contacted EA support by Chat, and must say that I was EXTREMELY impressed with the response I got.  I was having issues redeeming my code, and the agentI was chatting to sorted it out in about 30 seconds.  I can now install the game from Origin instead of from the DVD.

Very impressed!

Message 14 of 43 (7,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not sure if you or anyone else is still having this problem but I know I was. I contacted EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-3&platform=pc

I spoke with someone through chat and within 20 minutes max they told me to log into my EA account and there was my game on my account. 

Hope this helps everyone and I sure hope the game is worth the wait.

Message 15 of 43 (7,111 Views)

★ Novice
I am. I just spent the last two hours trying to get it to launch. Nothing at all. I might have to call them and hope they'll give me a digital copy. If that doesn't work I'll just uninstall everything and only install the base game. That's a shame, I had bought P&N many years ago in the hopes of playing it one day.
Message 16 of 43 (7,036 Views)

Champion

@MezzoTex , if you have your codes from your disk copies, you should be able to either enter them in Origin or call EA Help Support to get a digital copy of the game. Just remember that Sims Medieval and Sims 3 share a similar game architecture and you may have to do a few things to get the game to run correctly on your computer.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 43 (7,019 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So I did as you suggested and went to The Sims 3 site to type in my code there. The thing is that the code I have needs five spaces to be typed in. On the website, I was only given four. Is there any other way to enter the code? I couldn't find the normal Sims Medival on the origins launcher. Only the Expanded version which I don't want to buy since I already have the game on a disc. When I entered the code on Origins, it told me to go to the Sims 3 website but it didn't work there either.

What should I do?

Message 18 of 43 (6,557 Views)

Champion

@Sjobern , try contacting EA Help Support. They should be able to help you get the correct code to allow the game to run for you. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 43 (6,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sims medieval is not on origin

Message 20 of 43 (5,834 Views)