by stormymonday1020

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval won't launch on Windows 10

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai its not on origin
Message 21 of 43 (4,686 Views)

Champion

@covfefetrucking, did you try manually searching for it in your library? You should also try clearing the Origin cache and see if it reappears.It is still available on Origin as far as I can tell.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 43 (4,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 I can install it just fine and. I can find it in my documents folder, but when I click on it to play it ask if I want to uninstall the entire program without any way to run it. I am using actual disk game to install if that matters at all
Message 23 of 43 (4,655 Views)

Champion

@covfefetrucking , you should be able to register your CD/DVD codes on Origin and play the game from there. I know they added the game to Origin. Can you try that?

Message 24 of 43 (4,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 I have tried that also but origin sends me to ea to enter the codes without any way to play it, only register
Message 25 of 43 (4,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Sjobern I had the exact same issue as you. If you're still interested in getting this to work, I have just been chatting with a helpful guy at EA's Help Support called Sumit. All he needed was my email, my code and the name of the game. He created a temporary password to log into my Origin account and after a little while he returned - the game was now added to my library Standard smile

Message 26 of 43 (4,112 Views)

Champion

@Sjobern , yes, calling EA Customer Support should help. You will need to provide proof of your ownership of the game (like taking a picture of the disk and CD code) and emailing it to the address the Customer Support representative gives you. They should be able to add the game to your Origin account from there.

Message 27 of 43 (4,078 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

sorry to necro but just to add as this is 5 months later, i just called them and EA support will no longer register or provide digital copies of the game as it has been entirely sunset, and linking the codes doesn't even work on their end anymore. all they could suggest was to run it in compatability mode so for any future people looking at this thread, that's the only option.

Message 28 of 43 (3,322 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Sjobern I'm having the exact same issue here, and it is so confusing!
Message 29 of 43 (2,951 Views)

Champion

@fhiew9 , to my knowledge they have not sunset Sims Medieval as it is still available to purchase on Origin. Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was sunset in 2018. I know folks have been having issues redeeming their Sims Medieval codes and I'm afraid only EA Customer Service can help with this issue. 

Message 30 of 43 (2,934 Views)