Re: Sims Medieval won't launch on Windows 10

by Tollus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval won't launch on Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

My PC automatically updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I haven't been able to play the game. The disc version was originally installed. After I was updated to Windows 10, the game wouldn't even open to the launch screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now the launch screen appears, but when I press play, nothing happens. I then downloaded the digital version from Origin and it still nothing happens. 

I always wait about a minute for it to load because even when I had Windows 7 it would sometimes take a few seconds. But now the wait is always in vain. I also check the task manager when trying to launch it both ways, and it always says its running in the background, but otherwise its completely invisible. 

I think its also important to note that I downloaded the free trial of Sims 4 off of Origin after downloaded the digital version of Sims Medieval. The Sims 4 trial worked like a charm. 

So what do I do? Is the fact that I now have both the disc and digital versions downloaded furthering the problem? Or should it not matter because they are really one registered product? How can I get this game to work again?

Thanks

Message 1 of 43 (71,774 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @stormymonday1020,

The digital version of the game should work without issues on Windows 10, but as you say, maybe having both the disc and digital version installed at the same time is causing issues.

Please, try this:

1. Uninstall both the disc and downloaded versions of the game.
  2. Use Ccleaner to clean your registry like this article explains.
  3. Restart your computer
  4. Install the game again through Origin.

Let us know how it goes, good luck! Wink

Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 43 (79,836 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @stormymonday1020,

The digital version of the game should work without issues on Windows 10, but as you say, maybe having both the disc and digital version installed at the same time is causing issues.

Please, try this:

1. Uninstall both the disc and downloaded versions of the game.
  2. Use Ccleaner to clean your registry like this article explains.
  3. Restart your computer
  4. Install the game again through Origin.

Let us know how it goes, good luck! Wink

Mai

Message 2 of 43 (79,837 Views)

★★★ Novice

I, too, have a problem getting past the launch screen for Sims Medieval.  I installed the game from disc on my new PC (Windows 10).  When I tried to enter my code through the Origin page, it gave me an error and said I'd have to do it at the Sims 3 site, which makes no sense.  I'm currently waiting for an EA chat person to come online with me and iron this out, but I welcome any advice.

Message 3 of 43 (71,391 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Tollus,

Were you able to redeem your code with the adviser's help? If so, try to install the game through Origin, that should help Wink

Good luck,

Mai

Message 4 of 43 (71,385 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone come to a conclusion about this problem yet? I have Windows 10, and haven't played Sims Medieval since getting this laptop, and I was wondering if there was, in fact, a way to play the game on here, or else I'll have to sell the game. I have the disk, and find it wasteful to have to buy a new digital copy (I didn't see anywhere on Origin where you can register your own codes from purchased copies so as to not have to repurchase). 

Message 5 of 43 (69,575 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @AmberLWilton,

Do you have the code that came with your disc? If so, as long as the code you have hasn't been registered already, you can redeem it in Origin to get a digital copy, no need to purchase the game again Standard smile

Go to your Game Library in Origin and click on the top right corner where it says 'Add a game' > 'Redeem product code'.

Once redeemed, the game will appear in your Game Library, ready to download and install!

Good luck with your Kingdom!

-Mai

Message 6 of 43 (69,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does not work for me (I'm having this problem too but I can't even see the game playing in the background).
It say that I have to do that on the sims 3 site but that does nothing

Message 7 of 43 (69,409 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @madde0515,

If you are having issues to redeem your code, both in Origin and https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html , then please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help. They will ask for your code and try to find out what's going wrong. Standard smile

You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 8 of 43 (69,401 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same thing with the sims medieval i couldn't put on my laptop. so i connected the ea and told them about my sims medieval that wouldn't dowload or upload at all and they help me fix it.  

Message 9 of 43 (69,201 Views)

★★★ Novice
I spoke to three people at EA help and it wasn't until I spoke to the third one that I was told that the company who made Sims Medieval went bust years ago and there has been no maintenance on it since. As such, there has been a serious problem with it not working on Windows 10. They said unfortunately there isn't much I can do to fix it.

I have tried absolutely everything they told me and everything I have found online and still it doesn't work. The most frustrating thing is that I was able to play it fine a few days ago before it suggested I do an update. Now the disc version and the digital version both fail to work. I am so angry that they continue to sell it when there are bugs which they never intend to fix.

Does anyone have any advice, other than the obvious solutions? Thank you.
Message 10 of 43 (68,859 Views)