Re: Sims Medieval not launching

by mate54

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval not launching

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've literally repaired it 3 times, uninstalled 2 times, cleared my app data and program data, restarted my computer countless times, and it's still not working. It's working on my sister's computer which runs the same OS (Windows 10) and if anything my computer runs slightly better than hers. I really can't see a reason why it wouldn't work, because every other sims game including Sims 2 work, I just can't get this one to. I've attached an image of the crash error that pops up below if that helps. Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 10 (7,072 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@gandmsims, try to do the following. Uninstall the game before trying to do this.

1) Install the game from Origin.

2) Install Base game alone. Repair the game before launching it.

3) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

4) Repair the game again.

5) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

6) Repair the game again and clear the cache files one more time.

Please let me know if this works.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,995 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@gandmsims, try to do the following. Uninstall the game before trying to do this.

1) Install the game from Origin.

2) Install Base game alone. Repair the game before launching it.

3) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

4) Repair the game again.

5) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

6) Repair the game again and clear the cache files one more time.

Please let me know if this works.

Message 2 of 10 (6,996 Views)

★ Novice

That worked! Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 10 (6,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It did not work for me, I do not have pirates and nobles though

Message 4 of 10 (6,660 Views)

Champion

@10Caak , this only works if you have the game installed on Origin. If you do not have Pirates and Nobles, you would skip those steps.

What exactly have you tried and what kind of errors are you getting?

Message 5 of 10 (6,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 My game will run and then after the beginning cut scene before the load screen, it will go all black and then shut down the game. Im not getting an error message the game just shuts off after the cutscene.
Message 6 of 10 (6,344 Views)

Hero
@SnowLilly3399 Please try repairing the game, as well as running it in a clean Sims Medieval folder.

Go do Documents\Electronic Arts\ and move The Sims Medieval folder to your desktop. Then try to launch the game and see what happens.

If you do not have any saves or any Sims Medieval data that is important to you, you can also just delete the folder instead of moving it to your desktop.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (6,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mate54 I don’t even have a sims medieval folder in my electronic arts folder? Idk where it is??? It’s in my origin games folder but not electronic arts. I tried the thing that the 1st person suggested and it didn’t do anything so idk what else to try
Message 8 of 10 (4,839 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! I'm tryong to follow your guide but now is the EA App, no more de Origin, and I can't disable this Origin in Game. 
And in my Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval, I didn't find any cache files. Just this and I can't delete then while the game is open. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,359 Views)

Champion

@DarthGaho  The game and EA app have to be closed to delete the cache files. Let us know if this works 

Message 10 of 10 (1,350 Views)