Sims Medieval doesn't download (Mac)

by anruba

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval doesn't download (Mac)

★ Apprentice

Hi!

I just bought the Sims Medieval, but I'm not able to download it properly. I have cleared Origin download cache, I have more than enough space on my Mac to download it but it doesn't work. A few months ago, I bought the same game and the same issue happened. I decided to just get a reimbursement because I didn't want to waste my time, but now I do so please help me! This is very frustrating, and I'm sick of having so much trouble with The Sims and Origin altogether.

Message 1 of 7 (667 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Medieval doesn't download (Mac)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@anruba , are you Mac running Catalina as its OS? If so, Sims 3 and Sims Medieval will no longer work as they are both 32 bit games and Catalina no longer will run those games. Your best bet is to ask for a refund if you do not plan rolling back to Mojave.

If you are running Mojave, please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to properly install Sims Medieval.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (620 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@anruba , are you Mac running Catalina as its OS? If so, Sims 3 and Sims Medieval will no longer work as they are both 32 bit games and Catalina no longer will run those games. Your best bet is to ask for a refund if you do not plan rolling back to Mojave.

If you are running Mojave, please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to properly install Sims Medieval.

Message 2 of 7 (621 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I found out about that yesterday, I have an old computer at home so I guess I’ll just play on it. I heard that EA is working to make the games available on Metal.

Thank you for your answer!

Message 3 of 7 (608 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 Good afternoon. I faced the same problem. I have Mac os Mojave. How do I install Sims Medieval correctly to make it work?
Message 4 of 7 (590 Views)

Champion

@Rita12345 , Here are the steps to take to get the game to install on your Mac. Please note: Sims Medieval is a 32 bit game and will not run on Catalina. This only works for Mojave and earlier Mac OS.

I would uninstall Sims Medieval and reset Origin before trying these steps. Make sure to do a manual uninstall like Sims 3 as both games share a similar architecture. https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

"You wanted to know the steps that @tygereyes812 took to fix their game. I have copied their response from their post and will break it out into steps for you.

"I was able to fix it by first installing everything, then repairing origin, and then installing the base game alone (which gave me a different error code frequently mentioned on the boards here). After that I repaired origin again, launched the game to get the error code, disabled origin in-game while the error code window was opened, closed the error window, repaired origin a third time, downloaded Pirates and Nobles to get the original "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)" error code, repaired origin a 4th time, cleared the cache one last time, and launched the game successfully. "

1) Install the game.

2) Repair Origin. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

3) Install Base game alone.

4) Repair Origin again.

5) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

6) Repair Origin for a third time.

7) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

8) Repair Origin for a fourth time and clear the cache files one more time.

Note: Files to clear all end in "cache" and there should be three of them. "

Please advise if this works for you or not. We may need your computer specs found under the Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner. DO NOT include your serial number.

Message 5 of 7 (551 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 I followed the instructions. The game is working! Thank you very much!!!
Message 6 of 7 (522 Views)

Champion

@Rita12345 , Most welcome!

Message 7 of 7 (513 Views)