Re: Sims Medieval Won't Launch on Mac

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Re: Game Crashes

@iedgeworth1  I've moved your post to Other Sims Games.  You'll get better help here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 26 (2,011 Views)

Champion

@iedgeworth1 , here are the steps to get Sims Medieval to run on your Mac. This is copied from another post I wrote on a similar subject. I would uninstall Sims Medieval and reset Origin before trying these steps. Make sure to do a manual uninstall like Sims 3 as both games share a similar architecture. https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

"You wanted to know the steps that @tygereyes812 took to fix their game. I have copied their response from their post and will break it out into steps for you.

"I was able to fix it by first installing everything, then repairing origin, and then installing the base game alone (which gave me a different error code frequently mentioned on the boards here). After that I repaired origin again, launched the game to get the error code, disabled origin in-game while the error code window was opened, closed the error window, repaired origin a third time, downloaded Pirates and Nobles to get the original "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)" error code, repaired origin a 4th time, cleared the cache one last time, and launched the game successfully. "

1) Install the game.

2) Repair Origin. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

3) Install Base game alone.

4) Repair Origin again.

5) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

6) Repair Origin for a third time.

7) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

8) Repair Origin for a fourth time and clear the cache files one more time.

Note: Files to clear all end in "cache" and there should be three of them. 

Please advise if this works for you or not. We may need your computer specs found under the Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner labeled "About This Mac". DO NOT include your serial number.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 26 (1,986 Views)

★★ Novice

Still not able to access the game and done this about 3 times now. has anyone had any trouble recently who can help? Otherwise im going to ask for a refund

Message 23 of 26 (1,648 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @Em-J17.

That's no good. Do you get any specific error messages when you try to load it up?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 24 of 26 (1,632 Views)

★ Novice

Since the codes are such a problem, why doesn't EA just make new ones to give out to there online customers? That sounds like it could help a lot.

Message 25 of 26 (1,223 Views)

Champion

@Kurisutenu , that could be an option, but Sims Medieval will not run on Catalina or higher since it is a 32 bit game. You would have to contact EA Customer Support if you want a new code which I believe they can still supply at this time.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 26 of 26 (1,199 Views)