Re: Sims Medieval Service Initialization Failed Using Origin, Windows 10

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval Service Initialization Failed Using Origin, Windows 10

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,I installed Sims Medieval on my computer for the first time yesterday. I know it's an old game but I'm feeling nostalgic and want to play.  I've been trying different methods described on the EA website and others to get Sims Medieval to play on my Windows 10 PC. I downloaded the game through Origin. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both applications several times. I choose run as administrator, I made sure my Windows is updated, I've cleared my cache, tried opening through Radeon settings, and "repaired" and updated the game within Origin. I always end up with the same problem, the game attempts to open and immediately gives me an error that states Service Initialization Failed (it doesn't do anything when I try to open through Radeon). Sometimes I momentarily see a flash of green screen. Any further advice? I just don't understand why it won't work. I'm having the same issue on my Windows 10 laptop as well.

Message 1 of 12 (6,261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to start The Sims Medieval

Champion

@jurikubec , try to do the following. Uninstall the game before trying to do this.

1) Install the game from Origin.

2) Install Base game alone. Repair the game before launching it.

3) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

4) Repair the game again.

5) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

6) Repair the game again and clear the cache files one more time.

Please let me know if this works.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (6,219 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@so1nichka , try to do the following. Uninstall the game before trying to do this.

3) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

Message 2 of 12 (6,228 Views)

Unable to start The Sims Medieval

★ Novice

Hello, I have a problem running The Sims Medieval.
I am a windows 10 user. I bought the game through Origin and tried to run it. However it does not work. The screen goes black for a while, and then the game crashes with an error message popping up, saying "service initialization failed" (see the enclosed picture)
I tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling origin, repair tool.. nothing works, still the same
As expected I am very dissapointed. I gave 11 euros for the game, and the least I would expect is for it to be maintained and updated. But then again, Im not exactly sure what the cause is. I will welcome and be thankful for any help, if that fails, I give up. 

Message 3 of 12 (6,236 Views)

Champion

@jurikubec , try to do the following. Uninstall the game before trying to do this.

Message 4 of 12 (6,220 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you a lot! this actually did work (sorry for the belated answer)

Message 5 of 12 (6,171 Views)

Champion

Most welcome! Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (6,158 Views)

Sims Medieval Help Please, Just Dowload a huge unplayable Hot Mess

★★★ Newbie

Help with the sims medieval pleas, it's not running, I've done completely uninstall, and reinstall from origin 3 times already, getting uber frustrated.. id like to at some point be able to play what i paid for im on windows 10 home, 64 bit

Message 7 of 12 (5,934 Views)

[ Edited ]

@glitterboy438  I've merged your post into a thread on the same issue.  Please see the accepted solution for help.  If you don't own Pirates and Nobles, you can skip that step and just do the rest.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 12 (5,919 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have seen these threads for a while and still don't have a resolution, myself.  I have a PC (64-bit) running Windows 10, 16Gb of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB video card, and all the latest Windows updates.  I installed Sims Medieval from the DVD-ROM and ran the compatibility troubleshooter to have it run in Windows 7, but it still didn't work properly.  I have registered my code through the Sims 3 site, which I was forwarded to from the Origin site.  However, I cannot seem to get it working.  Does anyone with these circumstances have any recommendations that have worked for you?  I appreciate your help.

Message 9 of 12 (5,630 Views)

Champion

@Tollus , did you try the steps listed a few posts above yours? 

Message 10 of 12 (5,607 Views)