Re: [Sims Medieval] Object previews in Furnish Mode Spinning Fast

by daleylife

Original Post

[Sims Medieval] Object previews in Furnish Mode Spinning Fast

★★★★ Apprentice

So, when in furnish mode, when I hover over an object, you get a preview. The object spins so you can see all of it. But, for some reason, it spins faster than intended. I'm pretty sure. It's dizzying. Also, in CAS, the slightest mouse movement when rotating a Sim will make them spin insanely fast. I don't have issues in any other games with my mouse movement. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,801 Views)

Champion

@daleylife , are you using any mods in the game? Have you adjusted the speed of your mouse (like cursor movement, wheel scrolling, etc)? Just trying to figure out what might be causing this to happen.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 11 (1,779 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No mods and I haven't altered my mouse settings. :/

Message 3 of 11 (1,774 Views)

Champion

@daleylife , not sure if this is what is causing the issue, but it has happened in other versions of the Sims. So, I'm not sure if there is a new Windows update that can fix this. Check to see what version of Windows you are currently running. I found this on Crin's blog in relation to Sims 4, but it could affect other games as well. 

This issue seems to be connected to the Windows Update 1903 from June 14th 2019.

• Gaming Mouse with high sensitivity

Solution

1. Roll Back to an earlier version of Windows.
  2. Turn off Origin in Game.

If this doesn’t help you, try a clean boot to find out if other programs have a conflict. (I wouldn't do a clean boot of the game just yet. Let's see if something else is the cause of the problem).

Message 4 of 11 (1,769 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Sadly, I can't rollback, it's been too many days. I turned off origin in-game and that didn't do anything. For reference, here is video of what I'm seeing: https://youtu.be/DxdrIFW9VxA
Message 5 of 11 (1,765 Views)

Champion

@daleylife , so has Window updated since then?  I'm guessing it has. I don't run Windows 10, so I'm a little unsure. 

I did see your video and that is weird. Need to load up my game and see what happens for me.

Message 6 of 11 (1,762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, Windows 10 updated for me about two weeks ago. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,757 Views)

Champion

@daleylife , I watched your video and the speed at which the object spun. I then loaded up my game and checked out the objects in buy/build and I found it spun at the same speed when I let the cursor stay on the object. I run the game on a Mac running Mojave and so I think the speed is normal. It appears to be faster than say Sims 2, 3 or 4, but then Sims Medieval is a "spin off" game (no pun intended). The controls in the game may not run exactly like the normal Sims games. 

Message 8 of 11 (1,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Tremayne4260Hmm. Thank you for looking into it. I am pretty sure however that something has happened then. I notice stuff like this and I wasn't bothered when I played the game about six months ago.

Hopefully a Maxis employee can look at this because even if this is how it is in every game, it's impossible to see objects (detail) in the previews with that spin rate. Wish I could turn it off actually if I can't slow it down.

Look at this video from 2015, around the 11:56 mark, you see an object preview and the spin speed is slower than it is now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-WfDJxyws

Message 9 of 11 (1,744 Views)

Champion

@daleylife , it is spinning slower than either of our games. Weird. 

I tried to see if there was a cheat code to stop the objects from rotating and there isn't one. Frown

I'll pass this on and see if anyone will be able to look at this. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,732 Views)