Re: Sims Medieval Launcher Broken?

by TheSimlishJoe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval Launcher Broken?

★★★★★ Novice

So I just downloaded and updated Sims Medieval Deluxe on Origin. The game works and all, but when I clicked ‘...’ and selected Launcher, it gave me an error saying to ‘reinstall the base game’??? Is the launcher broken or down permanently, or should I uninstall and redownload Sims Medieval. Again, I have no discs.

Message 1 of 7 (618 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@TheSimlishJoe , my understanding is that if you download and play the game through Origin, the Launcher will no longer work. Other than the Laucher, the game does start and you are able to play?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (585 Views)

All Replies

@TheSimlishJoe  I've moved your post to the Other Sims Games section, where you can find Medieval help.  Please specify whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! And also I have Windows

Message 3 of 7 (596 Views)

Champion

@TheSimlishJoe , my understanding is that if you download and play the game through Origin, the Launcher will no longer work. Other than the Laucher, the game does start and you are able to play?

Message 4 of 7 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, it’s strange. Almost like two separate loading screens if that makes any sense?

Message 5 of 7 (578 Views)

Champion

@TheSimlishJoe , it does. The Launcher was the original way the game launched, but when they ported it over to use Origin as the "launcher", they apparently didn't take the original Launcher out.

Message 6 of 7 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ah okay, that makes more sense!

Message 7 of 7 (552 Views)