Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

by enjolina

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

★ Apprentice
Interesting read! However many of the previous posters have purchased the game through Origin (which I did at one point - got my refund immediately after I realised it still wouldn't work), and still came up with the same issue...

I will however give this a go ASAP and report back soon :3
Message 71 of 280 (1,784 Views)

★ Apprentice

Didn't work.

>Frown

Message 72 of 280 (1,835 Views)

Champion

It is an issue with EA. I bought Sim City 2013 when it became available on the App Store. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 73 of 280 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Waited a week to hear back from support, and then they just suggested all of the basic troubleshooting steps I'd already tried with them. They're just spinning their wheels on this issue.

Message 74 of 280 (1,781 Views)

Champion

At this point in time, there is nothing further I can suggest to try. Devil

Message 75 of 280 (1,755 Views)

★ Apprentice
Least we tried! I'm sure eventually they'll sort something out. If not, I guess RIP Sims Medieval for Mac 😂
Message 76 of 280 (1,749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They just asked me to get an Origin Error Report.

That website reads: Note, Origin Error Reporting is only available on PC at this time.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Sims Medieval won't be playable on a Mac anytime soon. They really should pull it from the store instead of letting people continue to spend money on an unusable product.

Message 77 of 280 (1,743 Views)

Champion

I think the problem comes in when they try to "force" the game to open through Origin. The game wasn't designed to be played connected to the internet or Origin.

Message 78 of 280 (1,728 Views)

★ Apprentice
It's purely the activation system not working, obviously we all have valid internet connections, they just simply won't accept our codes/refuse to let those on Apple platforms play... Maybe EA is trying to lead a Windows Master Race stance 😂
The ironic thing is that EA utilises Cider, a parallel platform for Windows programs to be used on Mac - the fact that this activation process works on Windows (with backdating) and doesn't work for us on Macs is just weird and irritating. Surely they all hit the same server for activation so I'm failing to see the difference in why it won't work...?

Oh wells. Right now I'm happily exploring the Commonwealth, struggling to find adhesive 😂 Heh.
Message 79 of 280 (1,722 Views)

★ Apprentice
Also, I agree about pulling it from the store - or at least put a forewarning that it most likely won't work if you're using Mac OS :/
Message 80 of 280 (1,720 Views)