Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

by enjolina

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

★★ Novice

Hallo folks, same issue there.

I used to play a lot on Medieval, i bought the cd rom version 3 years ago and I played with it for a long time. I purchased a new pc running Windows 8.1 and game wont run anymore.

Each time I try to redeem or to type the key code from the manual, I get invalid code.

How can I contact the Origin customer care?

Thanks

Message 21 of 280 (8,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same there. After "solving this problem" for more than a year, nothing is done for now. i have bought this game a year ago and till now it doesn't work. I have downloaded patch and game. I install and re-install this game for more than seven times. After all that i receive the window with asking me a serial code. Is it a normal way to play this game? nope. Please, solve this game. It is very disappointing. 

Message 22 of 280 (8,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Original message (Works on PC)

@Shineeoneworld

@enjolina

@germy12000

@seanhenry98

@ravenksm

Hey guys, we have a workaround that should let you bypass the issue and get playing:

1. Open Date/Time Preferences
  2. Change the year to 2011 (not sure if other previous years would work).
  3. Launch the game again and activate.
  4. Quit the game and correct the date/time.
  5. Launch game again.

Update #1 (Mac specific) 

Information request. 

Spoiler

Update #1

Hi guys, 

Thank you for helping me understand the situation a bit better. Could Mac players send me by private message their Origin Client Logs and the Origin Installation Logs?

Origin Client Logs

The logs are located in the following folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Origin/Logs/ (The ~ is the home directory for you).

To access it:

1. Press Cmd+Shift+G in the Finder and enter ~/Library/ 
  2. Once in the library folder navigate to Application Support/Origin/Logs to find the Origin logs
  3. Send me the file by Private message.

Origin Installation Logs

1. Go to the installation folder of the game you are trying to install.
  2. In the installation folder there will be a folder called __Installer. Enter this folder.
  3. Send me the file "InstallLog" by PM.

Thanks in advance!

Update #1.1

Hi guys, 

Sorry for the late response. I was off the office for a few days. 

Regarding the files, simply copy paste the logs in your private message and I'll do the rest Standard smile If it's too long, just let me know you're sending PM 1/2 and 2/2 for instance. 

Alternatively you can send a .rar or .zip archive and upload it to a 1-click hosting service (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link by PM.

Thanks.

Update #1.2

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have already received a few logs and have transmitted them to our team of Experts. I will update this thread as soon as they come back to me. With the new year coming, please allow them a few days to examine the logs and conduct their investigation. I will chase up updates if necessary. 

Thanks again!

Update #2 (Mac specific) 

Hi guys,

Sorry for taking so long to come back to you. Thanks to your help we have identified the core issue of the problem and we are now working on a potential solution. The good news is it is not necessary to send us your files anymore (Big kudos to all the players who shared their log files with us). The not so good news is that we don’t know when the issue will be fixed for good.

From the outside it looks like a simple enough problem but it turned out to be much more complicated than we thought. We understand how frustrating the situation is and we truly appreciate your patience. We’ll keep you updated.

------------

NOTE: IF NONE OF THE SOLUTION ABOVE WORK FOR YOU PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT IN ORDER TO ASK FOR A REPLACEMENT OR A REFUND.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 23 of 280 (14,663 Views)

★★ Novice

hanks, I'll try that asap but I chatted with EA customer care and I discovered that Medieval wont run on Win 8.1 cause is not compatible Party hat

Message 24 of 280 (8,376 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked for me! 

Thank you so much~

Message 25 of 280 (8,367 Views)

@germy12000

Have you tried to launch the game in compatibility mode to see if it would run? Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 26 of 280 (8,348 Views)

★★ Novice

This trick worked even if EA customer care told me that version was not compatible with Windows 8.1

Thank you very much! You saved the day!

Will it run if I install the patches?

Message 27 of 280 (8,317 Views)

@germy12000

Now that the activation has gone through, you should not encounter any issue. Standard smile

Message 28 of 280 (8,279 Views)

★ Apprentice

it still dosnt work for mac

Message 29 of 280 (8,214 Views)

★ Apprentice

yo u cant go online with origin on mac if the dates wrong

Message 30 of 280 (8,213 Views)