Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

by enjolina

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

Champion

First of all if you purchased Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, this only works on the Windows OS system. You will either have to 1) purchase a copy of Windows XP or Windows 7, 2) Bootcamp your Mac or 3) Buy Parallels to run Windows on your Mac. 

I recommend buying Sims 2 Super Collection from the Mac App Store as it was the version ported by Aspyr to run on the Mac OS. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 231 of 280 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello all. 

I realize that this is an unsolved issue, but I wanted to add my frustration with EA on this too. I've never had any issues with EA games in the past, and am an avid Simmer. I've played over 500 hours of both Sims 3 and Sims 4. I wanted to try and play Sims Medieval, and purchased it a while back. On my old macbook with an older operating system, it took 5 hours before I finally got it to work using a patch workaround. I was scared to log off the game, but finally did after it started lagging and I needed to get some actual work done. I was never able to run it again, and I ran across this thread. Seems like it was some sort of fluke... I have no idea what I did and didn't keep a good enough record of the steps I took. :/  Today, on my new macbook pro that is running El Capitan, I cannot get the game to run at all. I've tried everything, and am stuck having purchased a game. I don't really want a refund - I want to play my game. 

EA, please please realize that we just want to play the game - don't give up on a fix for us!! 

Message 232 of 280 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is there a solution to this in the near future? Since this problem has been going on for so long and EA has known where the issue is, it just seems a little ridiculous that this is still an issue.

I haven't played this game in years and was really excited to download it on my computer. I bought the disk when it originally came out and registered it on Origin to get a digital download since my new computer doesn't have a drive so I can't use the disk anymore. I can't get a refund or anything like that, I just want to play my game again. 

Message 233 of 280 (1,235 Views)

Champion

As stated in an earlier post from EA_Zoe, they have identified the problem and to solve it is not easy. My guess is that EA is working on it, but it won't come soon. (For example, tomorrow or in the next few days).

Message 234 of 280 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what i tought. But lets face it, EA was never famous for having good support or producing stable games......

Message 235 of 280 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, when we will be able to play?  More actualisation sims are working even more badly.
I would recomend to stop making complicate and make it simple to use.

Simple things are wonderful. Hopefully, you will solve that problem quickly because more of my friends feel disapointed
and going to shop to refound the game, where in some of shops in a country is impossible to make a refound.
So, how we shold did with it?

Message 236 of 280 (1,041 Views)

Champion

Unfortunately, certain updates to Origin may have made the game unplayable. I cannot say for certain. I am a player like most of you and not someone who works for EA.

Message 237 of 280 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It looks as if this problem is well known since 2013.  Why is the game still available on Origin? I have a very unhappy daughter who spent the whole day waiting on downloads and installs, and I've spend the better part of two hours installing patches and searching for a solution to this problem.  This is incredibly irresponsible corporate behavior.

Should I assume there will never be a solution to this problem?

Message 238 of 280 (893 Views)

Champion

I'll be honest and say I don't know if there will ever be a solution. I'm not sure what kind of OS (Windows or Mac) your computer runs, but if you can find a CD/DVD copy of the game that should still run.

Message 239 of 280 (883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not to revive the dead, but I found it odd that I still faced such an old issue and wanted to add to this as well.

I bought this game through Steam about 1-2 years back and never had any issues, had about 60 hours of playtime and I ended up taking a break.

Today I decided to give it a try again because it sounded fun and had been a while, but when I launched the game through Steam, it asked me for a serial number, which was new to me.

I closed and relaunched the game and it prompted for the serial again, so I tried getting the CD-Key from steam, but that didn't work either.

I'm in the process of reinstalling in hopes that it works, but based on what I'm reading here, many haven't had progress through reinstalling.

I'm hoping for a solution, clarity, or at least closure and I believe many others would like to know if this just isn't going to be fixed. 

Message 240 of 280 (784 Views)