Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

by enjolina

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

★★★ Newbie

This workaround does not work.  Help us!!!!!!!

Message 91 of 280 (1,598 Views)

Champion

Honestly, until EA fixes the issue with Origin not allowing Mac users to active their games there is no solution at this time. I never bought the game through Origin or registered it. I bought the game as a download directly from Amazon Digital.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 92 of 280 (1,585 Views)

★★ Novice

Since this mess with Origin that they are taking absolutely no time to fix, rendering my Sims Medieval game unplayable and my Sims 3 game apparently incompatible with El Capitan for the last two months, I've probably spent total 15+ hours trying to fix Sims Medieval, with EA customer support being useless. Then of course the days of my life wasted trying to fix every other sims game I've owned at one point or another. Really bummed that EA doesn't care that like many others I have spent hundreds of dollars on their products and am pretty angry that they don't work now. I think this is the end of my era of buying Sims games since EA obviously has no interest in being a decent company and supporting the products they put out.

Message 93 of 280 (1,579 Views)

Champion

I have Auto update turned off in Origin. And I can play Sims 3 in El Capitan just fine. Did you try to update your Sims 3 or did the game make you do so?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 94 of 280 (1,567 Views)

★ Novice

My god, this is horrific. I did just as everyone else did, bought a code (not on origin but eBay) and activated, downloaded, and installed via Origin. My SM original used to work but now I have Pirates and Nobles installed it does nothing but ask me for the code and deny me access. I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU THE CODE, LET ME PLAY MY GAME ON MAC LIKE YOU SAID I COULD EA!! VERY UPSET!! Angry

Message 95 of 280 (1,536 Views)

★ Apprentice
Totally irrelevant but I freaked out when I checked my email to see your user name, we have the same name spelt in the exact same way. 😂
Message 96 of 280 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I asked support if they would take it off the store or put a warning up about it being unplayable for Mac users. They replied that not everyone was having this problem, so there wasn't a need to.

Welp.

Message 97 of 280 (1,523 Views)

★ Apprentice
Wow. How stupid, I think the threads here speak for themselves about how many people have had a functioning game... Least sort out a fix for those who don't have it running?

Typically EA eating away at people's money.
Message 98 of 280 (1,520 Views)

★ Novice

I've been following this thread to find a fix to the same issue.   There are plenty of us who are quietly waiting for a fix, searching the forums for an answer, and apparently EA doesn't even realize it's a widespread issue.  This is why DRM is a problem.  Those of us who paid our money can't get past the key validation to play the game we rightfully bought....

Message 99 of 280 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue - tried everything in this thread. Have been playing base Medieval for years, found out I need to buy medieval AGAIN to get the pack with Pirates & Nobles which I didn't have, then this happens. Not happy.

I am using a PC though - so not sure if it's a Mac only thing

Frown

Message 100 of 280 (1,482 Views)