Sims Medieval DLC won't finalize downloading

by Diidea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval DLC won't finalize downloading

★ Novice

Hii, i am having a problem with the Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles DLC. I can download the base game and it will start, however i want to use the DLC ofcourse. Everything seems fine when downloading the DLC, but it is stuck on finalizing. All the right files are downloaded but for some reason it can not process any further. I have tried multiple things, for example:

- Clear Origin cache

- run as Admin

- Download in safe mode

- Use files extracted from another PC where it does work fine to my PC

- reinstalled the games on another disc

Is there something else i can do? 

I already chatted with EA about another problem with the Sims Medieval base game what has been solved.

Message 1 of 3 (1,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Medieval DLC won't finalize downloading

★ Novice

Thank you for your time to respond to my question! 

I got a bit annoyed, and decided to grab an old 5,25 inch bay, plugged in the cables and downloaded it that way. Took a while longer, but it works now. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,322 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Diidea , This game shares a similar architecture to Sims 3. Not sure if you have Sims 3, but quite often many of the tips and tricks to get Sims 3 to run on your computer will work for Sims Medieval. 

One of the things to try is to move your Sims Medieval folder (found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where any of your saved games are stored. Next try clearing Origin's cache again and try downloading Pirates and Nobles. I know that some folks have had to uninstall Sims Medieval, do a new install and then will be able to install Pirates and Nobles. 

Please keep me updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (1,336 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your time to respond to my question! 

I got a bit annoyed, and decided to grab an old 5,25 inch bay, plugged in the cables and downloaded it that way. Took a while longer, but it works now. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (1,323 Views)