Sims Medieval Constable Won't Move

by LillyWiccan

Original Post

Sims Medieval Constable Won't Move

★★★★★ Newbie

The constable in my game is stuck standing next to the stocks and can't be interacted with at all. The problem with this is that I can't complete the quest I'm on without him sending someone to the pit. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to restart my game?

Message 1 of 4 (5,977 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Constable Won't Move

EA Staff

@LillyWiccan If you are using Origin, I would recommend running a repair on the game before you restart or reinstall. To repair a game right click the game tile in Origin and select 'Repair Game'.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 4 (5,964 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried that and it didn't work. 

Message 3 of 4 (5,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Support Source; http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats

Opening the console

The console can be opened by holding Ctrl+Shift+C (PC users), or Command+Shift+C (Mac users). This is the same sequence used in mainstream The Sims games. Although the console can be accessed at any time during live gameplay, the majority of console commands are only usable when a Kingdom is loaded.

Enabling testing cheats

By default, the console only allows certain basic cheats. Testing cheats, designed to aid in testing the game for bugs, must be enabled separately. These are more advanced commands which tend to have drastic effects on gameplay.

To enable testing cheats, go to the INI folder in your The Sims Medieval install directory. The default path is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini. The file "Commands.ini" is set to "Read Only" mode during installation, this must be undone before it can be edited. An easy way to do this is to right click the file, select "Properties", uncheck the "Read Only" box, then click "Apply". After this, open the file with a basic text editor like Notepad and change the line "TestingCheatsEnabled=0" to "TestingCheatsEnabled=1" (without quotation marks). Save the file, choosing to overwrite it if prompted.

Windows Vista users may need to turn the "User Account Control" feature off or log onto an account with administrator rights before being allowed to edit the file.

Windows 10- The file path to enable testingcheats is different. The default path is C:/Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims Medieval/Game Data/Shared/Non Packaged/Ini then proceed to edit the Commands fil

If successful, testing cheats will be enabled when the game is loaded. This allows the Hunger and Energy bars or a Sim's relationship bars to be dragged left or right with the mouse. Objects can now be debugged by Control+Shift+Clicking on them, bringing up a menu. Steps in a quest can be be completed by Ctrl+Clicking them, and entering the "help" cheat into the console will provide many new codes.

List of basic commands

Effect Code

When on, objects will not snap to slots while holding ALT.disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt
Toggles Llama ModeenableLlamas
Toggles whether objects fade when camera gets close to themfadeObjects
Toggles the frame rate display in the upper right corner of the screenfps
Toggles between fullscreen and windowed modesfullscreen
Displays the command listinghelp
Removes all plumbobs and thought balloons above SimshideHeadlineEffects
Adds §1,000 to active household fundskaching
Toggles map tags on and off. This is most noticeable in Map Viewmaptags
Adds §50,000 to active household fundsmotherlode
Exits the gamequit
Starts recording video with specified size and qualityrecordvideo
Randomizes available questsRerollQuests
Sets building's shell visibilityShellState
Puts visuals in slow motion. 0 = normal, 8 = slowestslowMotionViz
Sets game speed. 0 = paused, 4 = ultra speed through current actionspeed

List of testing commands

Effect Code

Disables Clothing category filtersDisableClothingFilter
Turns Responsibilities offDisableRespos
Turns Responibilities onEnableRespos
Removes Limitations for placing/moving objectsmoveObjects
Gain as many kingdom points as you like. It affects both your Resources (RP) and Renown.SetKingdomPoints
Allows precise setting of mood metersetmood
Sets the amount of Quest Points.SetQP
Unlocks all of the quests. Also makes them infinitely replayable.ShowAllQuests
Shows only potentially available questsShowAllValidQuests
Shows only potentially available quests ignoring Kingdom aspect requirementsShowAllValidQuestsNoAspect
Toggles the video maker abilityvideoMakeModeEnabled

Simple:

1) Go to: \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves - Back up your same game

2) Go to: \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini

3) Open the file "Commands.ini" with NotePad

4) Change "TestingCheatsEnabled=0" to "TestingCheatsEnabled=1"

5) Save and Close

6) Open Sims and load into your save. 

7) Press and Hold Shift and select the Constable

8) Select "Force Reset".

9) Once you are happy he is working again. Save and Quit.

10) Go back to Step 2 and repeat up to Step 4 but setting "TestingCheatsEnabled=1" to "TestingCheatsEnabled=0"

11) Once more Save and Close. 

Message 4 of 4 (4,947 Views)