Re: Sims Life Stories, Pet Stories, or Castaway Stories

by YeOldSimmer

Original Post

Sims Life Stories, Pet Stories, or Castaway Stories

★★★ Apprentice

Whenever I try to open these games on Origin it keeps throwing up an error message saying that I need to verify my ownership by opening through Origin which is exactly what I am doing.  

Message 1 of 6 (968 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@YeOldSimmer , check to see if these games have folders in your Documents folder. I think they would be found under a folder named EA Games. If they do, try moving one of the folders to your Desktop and do NOT delete it. Do not copy and paste this folder or create a shortcut. Actually move it. Next start up the game allowing a new folder to generate in the old ones place. See if you still get the error message and if you do not play for about an hour and then save and quit the game. Try this for each one of the games.

Please let me know if this works.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (934 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok so I moved the Life Stories folder to the desktop.  I got the same error message immediately when I clicked on the game in Origin. 

Message 3 of 6 (921 Views)

Champion

@YeOldSimmer , hmmmm.... you may need to contact EA Customer Support. It could be something not configured right in Origin itself.

Message 4 of 6 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same error, I tried logging out and logging back in, didn't work. I tried logging out, clearing the cache, then logging back in, it didn't work.  I tried restarting and then logging back in, it didn't work. Talked to someone in the Help chat, they suggested i change the DEP settings, so I did that, and restarted my computer as instructed. It didn't work. I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the game and I am still getting the error message.

Message 5 of 6 (772 Views)

Champion

@detestingmonday , it sounds like an Origin error. Check the Origin forums to see if this error is affecting other games and if there is a solution. Here is a link.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/bd-p/O-2

Message 6 of 6 (745 Views)