Re: Sims Life Stories Error (The application has crashed.)

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims Life Stories Error (The application has crashed.)

★ Novice

Hello, when trying to start The Sims Life Stories, I get the error "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." It is a fresh install, the only thing in my Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories  is Logs and Teleport. Teleport is empty, but Logs is full of files, but only some have text in them. I'm not sure what is wrong because I have played both the Sims Pet Stories and Castaway Stories on this PC, on windows 10. They both had no errors or crashing like this one. I have also played just the normal Sims 2 game fine, so I am lost on what's wrong.

Message 1 of 6 (2,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

An update:

I have tried every compatibility setting (even Windows 98 lol), all the way up to Windows 8. None of them seem to help. 

I added the two files from Logs that I noticed had stuff written in them, if anyone knows what they mean please do reply. Also, I used CAN YOU RUN IT? and passed, although it said Windows 10 may not work because it wasn't out and therefore isnt officially accepted. Everything else passed.

Message 2 of 6 (2,700 Views)

Champion

@aprilscroggsx , you said you were able to play Pet Stories and Castaways. Did you have to do anything special to get them to run? You may have to do the same thing to get Life Stories to run. Please also note that the latest Windows 10 update has affected Sims 2 as well and to my knowledge no one has found a solution to it yet.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (2,667 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this issue and I've been searching forums for the last two days for a solution! Graphics Rule Maker is also unhappy with this, saying "can not save back-up files. aborting" and I have no idea how to get around it. I've also tried all different compatibility modes and deleting .cache files, and I still can't even get The Sims Life Stories to run successfully. I get the start-up screen with the logo, then I get the message saying it's crashed OR I get a "please insert proper DVD-ROM and try again."

However, I have been able to run The Sims UC just fine with GRM. So it doesn't make sense to me that I can get the Sims 2 base game running just fine, but the spin off won't even start.

Note: I have the digital download of The Sims 2 UC through Origin, and my problem is with The Sims Life Stories *disk*.

(I'm locked out of the sims forums due to a mysterious unknown password so I can't post on there. If anyone has any insight for me too, that'd be great!)

Message 4 of 6 (2,179 Views)

Hero
@simfan1111 You have to run GRM as Administrator to be able to save changes.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (2,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@mate54I ran as admin and was able to save changes, but the game still won't run. It's still not recognizing that the proper disk is in. My disk is in really good condition, only one small scratch on it. Any other thoughts on what to do?

UPDATE: I figured out the problem was I was running in compatibility mode with the wrong version of windows. I just tried compatibility with Windows 8 and the game started up instantly! 

Message 6 of 6 (2,151 Views)