Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims Life Stories Error (The application has crashed.)

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims Life Stories Error (The application has crashed.)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, when trying to start The Sims Life Stories, I get the error "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." It is a fresh install, the only thing in my Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories  is Logs and Teleport. Teleport is empty, but Logs is full of files, but only some have text in them. I'm not sure what is wrong because I have played both the Sims Pet Stories and Castaway Stories on this PC, on windows 10. They both had no errors or crashing like this one. I have also played just the normal Sims 2 game fine, so I am lost on what's wrong.

Message 1 of 3 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

An update:

I have tried every compatibility setting (even Windows 98 lol), all the way up to Windows 8. None of them seem to help. 

I added the two files from Logs that I noticed had stuff written in them, if anyone knows what they mean please do reply. Also, I used CAN YOU RUN IT? and passed, although it said Windows 10 may not work because it wasn't out and therefore isnt officially accepted. Everything else passed.

Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@aprilscroggsx , you said you were able to play Pet Stories and Castaways. Did you have to do anything special to get them to run? You may have to do the same thing to get Life Stories to run. Please also note that the latest Windows 10 update has affected Sims 2 as well and to my knowledge no one has found a solution to it yet.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help