Re: Sims 2

by nessatay2223

Original Post

Sims 2

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the sims 2 super collection and I wanted to see if I can get my other towns back but When I go into my folder, all I see is N001 which is pleasantview. I’m missing the others. Does anyone know how to get the others? 

Message 1 of 7 (392 Views)

Champion

@nessatay2223, since you asked the question in the Sims 4 forum, I had them move it to the right one! 

Best of luck, and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (380 Views)

Champion

@nessatay2223 , I am assuming since you found the Neighborhoods folder that you know that on the Mac OS the Library is hidden. Move the entire Sims 2 folder (the one that includes the Neighborhoods, Custom Music, Downloads, etc.) to your Desktop and do Not delete it! This is where your CC, custom music, custom pictures, etc. are saved.

Start up the game and allow for a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Remember that none of your previous saved games will be present nor will any CC or mods you play with. Once you get to the intro screen, check and make sure that all previous neighborhoods appear (Pleasantview, Veronaville, Strangertown etc.). You will need to add back Universities and other lots as well since the game is back to Vanilla settings. Unfortunately unless you have Time Machine enabled, your previous saves in other neighborhoods besides Pleasantview will be gone at this point.

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 7 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh my gosh! Sorry! Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Before I do this, is there a way for me to use my current Pleasantview neighborhood folder and use that to replace the new one after I do what you said?  

Message 5 of 7 (322 Views)

Champion

I think you can. You'd have to replace all the files in the N001 with the ones from your "current Save".

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 7 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok. I'm going to try this tomorrow and I'll let you know if it worked or not. 

Message 7 of 7 (315 Views)