Re: Sims 2

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims 2

★★ Novice

I wish they would release Sims 2 again on Origin where it is more compatible for modern computers. 

Sims 2 is my favorite sims games and i have tried to play it on my pc, but no matter how much i search for fixes it keeps crashing and it pretty much unplayable for me. 

I wonder is there any chance it might get released? I know many except for me would also pay for it to come back to Origin, especially if it is updated where game corruption is less likely to occur. 

Message 1 of 5 (610 Views)

Hero

@mineral1 At the moment, there are no plans by EA to release the game again.

What are the issues you're having with the game? Which version of the game do you have, which packs, and what are your PC specs? What fixes have you used to run the game on your PC?

If you're worried about corruption, don't be. A lot of information about corruption has been taken out of context and it's basically become a game of telephone. As long as you don't abuse cheats, interact with unique NPCs outside their designated purpose (which would require cheats as well) and mess with game files if you don't know what you're doing, you're fine. For extra safety there are always tools like Mootilda's Hood Checker.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (576 Views)

Champion

@mineral1 , have you applied the 4GB patch and/or Graphics Rule Maker? Just wondering if you have tried either of these which allows for the game to play on more modern computers.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (547 Views)

★★ Novice
@mate54 my specs are:
Enhetsnavn DESKTOP-LABLNBQ
Prosessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
Installert RAM 16,0 GB
Enhets-ID ED785DC4-E77C-41A2-8528-E018AB560900
Produkt-ID 00330-80000-00000-AA878
Systemtype 64-biters operativsystem, x64-basert prosessor

My issues is that after playing for a few hours the lot my sims live in eventually turns pink.. and after a while it just crashes. I have tried to play with mods and without it gives the same result.
Message 4 of 5 (535 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 Yes i have :/ I really like the 4GB patch, but it doesn't keep the game from crashing for me.
Message 5 of 5 (534 Views)