Sims 2 won't play

by bev6usa

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 won't play

Hero
@bev6usa The window size is determined by the resolution. If you want a larger window, load up a neighborhood and go to graphics options and set a larger resolution. The game uses 800x600 as a default but you can change it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 37 (1,234 Views)

★ Guide

Ok I'll try it

Message 22 of 37 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

Here is what I get. I can't play it full screen

ScreenShot_20220725142629.jpeg

Message 23 of 37 (1,223 Views)

Hero
@bev6usa Does your monitor have a refresh rate higher than 60 Hz?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 37 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried this but still can’t get it to open 😩 I still get the directx 9 error I even tried with the program you mentioned 

Message 25 of 37 (816 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there! I probably posted this somewhere else, but I need assistance with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and The Sims 2 Pets Expansion Pack. Both are not installing correctly on my computer, and the Pets doesn't start installing at all. I have a DVD drive and both of the aforementioned discs are CDs, which might be one major reason why they're not working. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 26 of 37 (395 Views)

Champion

@datboilizzy , the disks should work. What exactly is happening when you try to install? Are you getting any error messages? Does the game install part way and quit? The more details, the more we can try to help. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 37 (380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So, when I insert the Pets disc in my DVD drive, the drive starts up like it usually does whenever I insert any other disc. However, it just stops and nothing happens---no installation screen, not even an error message. The Double Deluxe one (it only came as ONE disc) somewhat starts up, but it asks me to insert Disc 1. Do you know what it's referring to when it says that?

I already have The Sims 2 base game installed, because I got the original game before any expansions were ordered. I just got the Seasons expansion now for Sims 2, and I fear that it, too, won't work either. My computer is a newer computer: Windows 11 Home, 12th Gen Processor. If you want me to attach a DxDiag then I can do so.

For the Double Deluxe disc, I had to turn off all my antivirus programs in Windows Defender because it was blocking me from installing it on this computer. I'm the only user of my administrative account.

Message 28 of 37 (355 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I seriously hope you have considered my comment and what I have said previously. Please reply!

Message 29 of 37 (306 Views)

Champion

@datboilizzy , so is this just the standalone Pets expansion or is it bundled with other Sims expansions?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 37 (261 Views)