Re: Sims 2 won’t download.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 2 won’t download.

★ Novice

My sims 2 (disc form) won’t download on my windows 10 laptop. It stops at 3% and says TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims08.package . Please help me it took so long for me to find this game and now it won’t even download. I cleaned it three times already. Devil please help!

Message 1 of 10 (660 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @BRIZZYBEAR990, if the CD is giving you trouble, you can always redeem your games in Origin and then download and install them from there. Standard smile Read here how to do that: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-code-redemption-faq#redeemcode

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 10 (630 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I’m going to try it when I get home 

Message 3 of 10 (622 Views)

Community Manager
Good stuff @BRIZZYBEAR990. Let me know if it works for you. Standard smile

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 10 (614 Views)

★ Novice

Didn’t work☹️ Thanks anyways 

Message 5 of 10 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @BRIZZYBEAR990, let see if we can figure out why and what else might help. Can you talk me through what happened when you went to register your product code into Origin?

Message 6 of 10 (591 Views)

★ Novice

Origin said that they didn’t support sims 2 games. But when I put the code in it said no game found. And I talked to a EA representative over the phone and he also said that’s Ea no longer supports sims 2 bc it’s a old game.

Message 7 of 10 (579 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @BRIZZYBEAR990 

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm so sorry for my forgetfulness. A couple of months ago popping the code into Origin would have worked but I forgot about this announcement. The EA Agent is correct that we no longer support codes for the game. Some players have reported incompatibility issues with the newer versions of hardware and operating systems (OS). Keep in mind that the game was developed to work on technologies in place 15 years ago. 

Saying that, you might be able to work it if you use compatibility mode or older versions of Windows/OS. While I can't help advise you on those steps, Google will have information if you search for it. 

Message 8 of 10 (577 Views)

★ Novice

Yikes. I got a new laptop I can’t go back to any older versions. Back to square one thank you tho 

Message 9 of 10 (572 Views)

@BRIZZYBEAR990  You can run an app in compatibility mode even in Windows 10.  Here's a tutorial:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-change-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-windows-10-a.html

Try Vista service pack 2 or 3, or XP service pack 3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (561 Views)