Sims 2 ultimate collection: product key not working?

by dexist

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 ultimate collection: product key not working?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Still have problem with license limit... I wrote to EA Support and still didnt fix. I reinstaled it 2 times and still the same.

Message 321 of 409 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is still not working. It keeps saying The license limit for this game has been reached. What should I do? Uninstall it and then reinstall it? Please help me.

Message 322 of 409 (1,676 Views)

★★ Novice

so mine loads fine and everything so good job Standard smile but when i go to create a family it stops working and i get a message saying it will teminate now .-.

Message 323 of 409 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Still the same "license limit reached" error message next to the "Pets for Fun" logo :/

Edit: Already tried verification of game files and search for updates

Message 324 of 409 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ditto, it's so annoying.

Message 325 of 409 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have same problem : Smileysad: when i click play was appear text with license limit.

Pleas EA fix it :robotsad:

and sorry for my bad english.

so i now go to bed because in my country is 22H.

good night Confusedmileytongue:

Message 326 of 409 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When I start the game an animation runs then the middle of the screen shows 'Fun with Pets collection'.  Nothing happens after that.
When I start Task Manager I get the info   'Mansion and garden stuff' is not responding.
 'Fun with Pets collection" load screan stays on entire time.
Tried to start it withOrigin and from desktop icon same result.

Message 327 of 409 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So finally got the game to load, woohoo! Added a University to my neighbourhood and moved a sim into a dorm. When outside it's fine, but when inside the dorm building each sim has a black rectangle under their feet.

It's quite a bit of memories to see this game again...but yikes, the graphics!! There is no setting for my screen resolution, lolz. I didn't think there was that big a difference, but 3 does look better. Now I'm actually excited to get Sims 4. I wasn't gunna since I have almost all EP's and EP's from both 1, 2 and 3.

Anyways, thanks EA for giving us this! :D

Message 328 of 409 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

For people with the license limit problem, give this guide a try (Link Fixed, thanks Andia15): https://help.ea.com/en/article/manual-uninstall-for-sims-2-expansion-and-stuff-packs

I can't confirm if it works yet, but will update when I re-install.

EDIT: Also, in regedit, go through all the HKEY folders and find the software subfolder, delete any sims 2 folders in it, or if you find an ea/electronic arts folder, look in that and delete sims 2 stuff aswell.

EDIT 2: Didn't work for me.

Message 329 of 409 (1,744 Views)

★ Novice

For the black thingy under your sim, just turn the shadow settings to medium and accept, then try to turn it back to high if it still appears leave it on medium.

You can add every resolution with editing a setting file, just search for it on google.

I'm playing it on 1920x1080 with 16xCSAA (Nvidia Panel) and the game looks just fine.

Message 330 of 409 (1,590 Views)