Re: Sims 2 ultimate collection: product key not working?

by MoooreBraaains

Original Post

★★ Novice

Please eveybody, calm down. You may haven't seen it yet, but they have found the problem and attempt to fix it, so just wait until they confirm that everything is OK

Message 311 of 409 (4,507 Views)

★★ Novice

@DreamsComeTrue14 wrote:

When I start the game an animation runs then the middle of the screen shows 'Fun with Pets collection'. Eventually it starts up but then goes to 'Mansion and garden stuff'. I don't get options to start anything else so there must be issues with this. Where is the rest of it? I waited 90 minutes on chat (I was doing other things while waiting) to get the right product code as before it would not start up at all. I will try to contact them again as I'd like to try it and it's clearly awry from their side. My PC speed is usually okay.

That's normal. All the expansions are in place. Just load or create your neighborhood. You'll see it Creating: Magic, Pets, Weather, etc. You may have to manually add Colleges (University), a Downtown (Nightlife), a Shopping District (Open for Business), see info on Pets, shange the Seasons, add a Vacation Destination (Bon Voyage), and see information on FreeTime

Why I cant add an image to the post? After image upload, insertion, and clicking the Post button, it just removes the image with a note "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

Message 312 of 409 (4,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, i wrote the product key again and.. it's worked now!!!

and i have other question: how to install other extras?

Message 313 of 409 (4,277 Views)

★★ Novice

update:  22:40 EASTERN EUROPE time. game is WORKING!   it took EA a long time but here it's finally running :D  happy gaming, folks!

Message 314 of 409 (4,166 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!
First for providing us with a free game and then fixing the bug in a couple of hours!

If you could keep up that mentality also for your new games...

Message 315 of 409 (4,165 Views)

★★ Novice

@beapre wrote:

OK, i wrote the product key again and.. it's worked now!!!

and i have other question: how to install other extras?

They are installed. See above

Message 316 of 409 (4,097 Views)

Community Manager

It should work for everyone again now. If you still have issues with the code, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 317 of 409 (9,062 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Those of you who got the game to work: Did you reinstall? I am getting the whole, "load the game, video shows up, then "Fun With Pets" menu, followed by nothing". If there is an update, how do I get the update? 

Message 318 of 409 (4,061 Views)

Community Manager

The game takes a long time to load @MoooreBraaains - just wait for a while.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 319 of 409 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay. Is the "Fun with Pets" menu still supposed to show. Because for me, nothing appears to be happening. Currently on chat with an Advisor, who asked me to log out and back in to Orgin. Same thing happened. Doesn't appear to be loading anything.

Message 320 of 409 (2,832 Views)