Re: Sims 2 stops working for no reason. Blank error message

by SianAF148

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 stops working for no reason. Blank error message

★★ Guide

I managed to get sims 2 working on my laptop after a long time of trying. I have the entire game on disk and I was unable to catch the free origin UC giveaway so my game is entirely on disk.

All of a sudden my game stops loading. It gives me a pop up box with a red x in it, which usually comes with an explanation like "The Sims 2 has crashed. The application will now terminate." Except NOW, the error box is entirely blank (no text. only the red x).

And another thing is that it still works on another user just fine? Like why? Also running it as admin doesn't help because my windows UAC has blocked it, also for no reason, and I can't change this despite being the admin.

Message 1 of 4 (1,697 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

Did some searching. Found a mod the sims page that said to delete the accessory.cache, groups.cache, and cigen.package . Did that and it starts up now.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,535 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@SianAF148 

Please let me know which packs (and collection/Deluxe bundles, if any) you own and have installed.

When does the game stop loading? Do you know which loading screen it stops on (main, neighborhood, lot, etc.)?

What exactly has UAC blocked? The installer (which is common for later packs) or something in the game?

Have you used any community-recommended fixes for the game, such as Graphics Rules Maker, 4GB Patch, or something else?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,688 Views)

★★ Guide

I have every EP and SP. Everything is installed via disk.

The game doesn't even start up. The screenshot snippet is taken from my desktop. There is no sign of the game even beginning in the slightest.

UAC ... I have no idea. I have been battling with that damn windows feature for as long as I've tried to drag sims 2 with me onto windows 10. When the game previously worked, I found that starting the game directly from the EP.exe (e.g SimsEP9.exe for mansion and garden stuff) works as the launcher never starts the game.

Running SimsEP9.exe in admin mode gives me the UAC block thing. and running SimsEP9.exe in normal mode gives me the blank error box, whereas it used to load up the game just fine.

I have used the graphics rule make and the 4gb patch in the past but neither worked so I removed them as it was pointless keeping them

Message 3 of 4 (1,677 Views)

★★ Guide

Did some searching. Found a mod the sims page that said to delete the accessory.cache, groups.cache, and cigen.package . Did that and it starts up now.

Message 4 of 4 (1,536 Views)