Sims 2 stopped after Origin install

by EvilTyger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 stopped after Origin install

★★★ Novice
Game stopped working after Origin install. I just got a brand new Asus Laptop with Windows 10.

I know Safedisk now kills many old games, but I tried to put Sims 2 on for my wife, and to our great joy, seemed to work perfectly.

I installed Origin, and started the install on Sims 3.

Before the download finished (slow connection, took a while), Sims 2 stopped loading. Launcher comes up. But either hitting 'play' or bypassing and trying to run directly both pop up an error telling me to upgrade to Windows 98.

I have all but the last expansion (lost the book with the code). No 'Stuff' packs installed.
Message 1 of 4 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 stopped after Origin install

EA Staff

@EvilTyger You mean like C++ and so on? I do believe these are installed first to make sure the base game installation works.

As you have the Sims 2 on discs, you could reach out to an Advisor and may be they can grant you the Origin download version to see if the same issue occurs.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@EvilTyger Could you try running the game in compatibility mode to see if the game will run then? Alternatively if you already are running in comp. mode, try without it Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

★★★ Novice
Tried all the compatibility modes. Made sure to run as administrator.

I know Sims 3 also asked to install other components, would they have installed before the game?
Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

EA Staff

@EvilTyger You mean like C++ and so on? I do believe these are installed first to make sure the base game installation works.

As you have the Sims 2 on discs, you could reach out to an Advisor and may be they can grant you the Origin download version to see if the same issue occurs.

Message 4 of 4 (397 Views)