Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 2 incorrect path for game files

by Kararsim

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 2 incorrect path for game files

★★★ Novice

Game: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Digi download)

Device/Operating System(?): Asus laptop, windows 8.1 64bit

Problem: Lordy, so my game won't read or use the files in the correct/directory: C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I am able to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (then the subfolders) and the game itself. It makes a directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection and uses that as its default directory.

Solutions tried: I uninstall the game and reinstalled it. I ran the game, (using the public directory). It ran fine, loading a neighboorhood as new (adding pets, witches, ya know just loading a new hood). I fixed the custom content reader and changed it so I wouldn't hear the loading music. I closed the game because I realized (when looking at my CC reader) that it was reading from the public docs path. I deleted that directory. Loaded the game. It loaded the same hood I chose before as if I had never loaded it before. So it read it from the normal path? Yeah? I turned the music off again and turned it off because of the CC not being there. I noticed the Public Docs files were all there again. Loaded the game, music was there and loaded the hood if it had never been loaded before...

What should I do? My game seems to be working fine with the files being in the Public docs path, but... What should I do because it can't work long term?

Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 2 incorrect path for game files

Champion

@Kararsim , every time you delete the EA Game folder from Documents, you will start a new game just as before because that is where your saved games, CC, Mods, etc are stored. Try to just simply run the game that way without removing the folder.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 2 incorrect path for game files

★★★ Novice

I removed the files from the path C:\Users\Public Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection. I understand that the files would regenerate if I deleted them. But the game will not regenerate or recognize the files in the correct path of C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection

Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)
Twitter Stream