Re: Sims 2 incorrect path for game files

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims 2 incorrect path for game files

★★★★ Novice

Game: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Digi download)

Device/Operating System(?): Asus laptop, windows 8.1 64bit

Problem: Lordy, so my game won't read or use the files in the correct/directory: C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I am able to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (then the subfolders) and the game itself. It makes a directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection and uses that as its default directory.

Solutions tried: I uninstall the game and reinstalled it. I ran the game, (using the public directory). It ran fine, loading a neighboorhood as new (adding pets, witches, ya know just loading a new hood). I fixed the custom content reader and changed it so I wouldn't hear the loading music. I closed the game because I realized (when looking at my CC reader) that it was reading from the public docs path. I deleted that directory. Loaded the game. It loaded the same hood I chose before as if I had never loaded it before. So it read it from the normal path? Yeah? I turned the music off again and turned it off because of the CC not being there. I noticed the Public Docs files were all there again. Loaded the game, music was there and loaded the hood if it had never been loaded before...

What should I do? My game seems to be working fine with the files being in the Public docs path, but... What should I do because it can't work long term?

Message 1 of 3 (481 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Kararsim , every time you delete the EA Game folder from Documents, you will start a new game just as before because that is where your saved games, CC, Mods, etc are stored. Try to just simply run the game that way without removing the folder.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I removed the files from the path C:\Users\Public Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection. I understand that the files would regenerate if I deleted them. But the game will not regenerate or recognize the files in the correct path of C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection

Message 3 of 3 (451 Views)