Re: Sims 2 in EA App is Misleading

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 in EA App is Misleading

★★ Guide

If we cannot download a valid, working copy of Sims 2 (which is in my collection), why has EA included it in the EA app? I've had the game since its inception and now I have to buy a new copy because EA discontinued the Origin app?? Ridiculous. Is there a workaround?

Message 1 of 2 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Wndblwz , EA is aware of the issue and is working to fix it. Please remember that the past two weeks were Christmas and New Years and many folks took time off to be with friends and family. 

Since you already own a copy in your Origin library, you do not have to "repurchase" the game. And to be honest, the game isn't available any more to purchase digitally for Windows OS. The problem is that the version that is attached to the EA App is the wrong version of the game and EA needs to attach the correct file so that the game will either download the right version or will transfer the correct version. It has been very hit or miss for many players and until we have official word from EA, we are advising players to continue playing the game on Origin.

At this time, there is no work around that I know of.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (663 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Wndblwz , EA is aware of the issue and is working to fix it. Please remember that the past two weeks were Christmas and New Years and many folks took time off to be with friends and family. 

Since you already own a copy in your Origin library, you do not have to "repurchase" the game. And to be honest, the game isn't available any more to purchase digitally for Windows OS. The problem is that the version that is attached to the EA App is the wrong version of the game and EA needs to attach the correct file so that the game will either download the right version or will transfer the correct version. It has been very hit or miss for many players and until we have official word from EA, we are advising players to continue playing the game on Origin.

At this time, there is no work around that I know of.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (664 Views)