Re: Sims 2 holiday edition with double deluxe

by geckosarefunky

Original Post

Sims 2 holiday edition with double deluxe

★★ Novice

Hi there, looking for some guidance on how to install the holiday edition (which comes with the base game and no separate disc specifying holiday stuff) when I use double deluxe as my base game. 

I have double deluxe, university and apartment life installed currently. Everytime I try to install the holiday edition it says "please insert disc 1" and won't let me install it. My holiday edition has four discs as it's got the base game, but nothing specifically saying it's the holiday edition, so I can't just install that portion. I really hope that doesn't mean that the holiday edition I bought was a waste of money that I can't use Frown 

Also, you cannot redeem on origin for the sims 2 so that is not a possible solution. 

Message 1 of 5 (565 Views)

Hero
@saritsmageets As Holiday content installs with the base game in your case, you might be able to find the files on one of the Holiday Edition CDs. They should be somewhere in TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins, but I'm not sure if they are in compressed archives or in normal folders. The file(s) are H05.bundle and H06.bundle, for 2005 and 2006, respectively. If you have 2005 version of Holiday Edition, then you'll only have 2005 content.
Once you locate the files (it might only be one file), place them in your Sims 2 installation folder: The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (555 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't seem to find the files. I have gone through each disk looking and I can't find them. In the Catalog folder on some of the discs it has files like Sims or Sims voices. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 5 (473 Views)

Hero
@geckosarefunky My assumption is that Holiday files are on base game discs only in 2005 version, as 2006 version includes a separate Holiday CD. Have you checked compressed zip files?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will try again. I have WinRar and when I try and extract the files it says it can't for some reason. I will reply after I've tried it again Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (442 Views)