Sims 2 game launched but not loaded

by Kararsim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 game launched but not loaded

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Game: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Digi download, Origin)

Device/Operating System(?): Asus laptop, windows 8.1 64bit

Problem: So if you've seen my last threads you know something funky is going on with my game. One night the game was running. I opened it, goofed around, nothing was out of the ordinary. I closed it, ran bodyshop, played with that. I loaded old projects and put that whole project folder in the downloads, ran the game but the projects weren't there, I removed the projects from the downloads folder. Turned my laptop off for the night, and the next morning, I hit play, but nothing happened. It didn't open then crash immediately. The task manager says the game is launched and is taking up cpu and memory, but there was no taskbar icon. There wasn't a lag on my computer, it was just nothing. It launches the game but doesn't open it.  (launching from the origin and the .exe file) The only way to close my game is through task manager. 

Solutions tried: I've, yet again, uninstalled and reinstalled my Sims 2 game. I ran it without CC, 'repaired' the game through the origin, changed the compatibility from windows 98 to windows 8 to every other one, I've tried to sell my soul, and tried to convert to a new computer-based religion for it to work.

What should I do?: I have no idea what I did to make my Sims game mad, but I will do anything to make it up to it.

Message 1 of 3 (486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 game launched but not loaded

★★★★ Novice

If y'all wondering I found what was messing up my game. 

TL;DR:

Delete cigen, ContentRegistry, Accessory.cache, and Groups.cache

they'll regenerate

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (451 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

If y'all wondering I found what was messing up my game. 

TL;DR:

Delete cigen, ContentRegistry, Accessory.cache, and Groups.cache

they'll regenerate

Message 2 of 3 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, my game start running but not opened.. And it worked so thank youu♥♥

Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)