Re: Sims 2 expansion pack won't download, please help

by mate54

Original Post

Sims 2 expansion pack won't download, please help

★ Novice

So I have windows 10 and I easily downloaded Sims 2 Double Deluxe using the disk no problem. I tried to install both Best of the Business and University Life (via disks) and as soon as I enter the codes for the packs and click next,  the window for it closes and nothing happens, as if I didn't try to install it at all. It doesn't continue to the actual downloading process. Its really irritating and help would be immensely appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 13 (4,670 Views)

Champion

@Smiffymoo123 , try turning off your Firewall as they sometimes blocks the download process. If this doesn't help, please let me know as I have work around instructions on how to install the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 13 (4,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 I turned off the firewall and it didn't work. Also, thank you for responding.

Message 3 of 13 (4,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Smiffymoo123 , ok here are the alternate instructions on how to install Sims 2.

1) Insert your Sims 2 CD/DVD into your disk drive and open up your local hard drive.

2) Go to File, New Folder. Create a new folder and name this folder "Disk Images."

3) Go into the "Disk Images" folder and create another folder called "Disk1." If you're installing a version of The Sims 2 or an expansion or stuff pack with multiple disks, create folders for each disk. Label them "Disk2," "Disk3" and "Disk4." *Note* It is very important you don't put a space in between "Disk" and the number you use.

4) Open up "My Computer" and select your Sims 2 CD. If the autorun comes up, cancel it as well as the installation.

5) Right-click The Sims 2 CD. Click "Explore." Make sure you can see the contents of the CD.

6) Click on the "Edit" tab at the top of the window and choose "Select All." You can also press CTRL+A.

7) Click on the "Edit" tab again and select "Copy." CTRL+C also works.

8) Open your "Disk1" folder. Go to the "Edit" tab and select "Paste." CTRL+V works as well. Continue until you've copied and pasted the information from all the disks into their appropriate folders.

9) Find the autorun file in the "Disk1" folder and double click it. This should install the game as normal. When you are finished, you can delete the "Disk Images" folder.

Tips

If you encounter any file transfer errors when copying and pasting, try cleaning your disk. If that fails, your disk is either scratched or corrupted.

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Message 4 of 13 (4,589 Views)

★ Novice

@Tremayne4260  I did what you said to do and it still doesn't start the download process after I enter the code.

Message 5 of 13 (4,563 Views)

Champion

@Smiffymoo123 , did you follow everything step by step? Did you copy everything from the disk to the disk image? Can you please tell me what you did so that we can figure out where we need to start from?

Message 6 of 13 (4,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed your instructions to the letter and once I get to loading the sims disk 4 to check if upload is up to date, it then uninstalls expansion pack

Message 7 of 13 (3,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The sims 2 nightlife pack window says

The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate. 

Same thing when I tried disc installation. 

Firewall is off. 

Please help

Message 8 of 13 (3,960 Views)

Hero
@moaz47w6w4qs It’s a common error on newer versions of Windows, but there are ways around it.

Which packs do you have, and do you have any Deluxe/Collection bundles?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 13 (3,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What are the ways around it? Having the same error installing expansions from disk - it installs fine and then when it tries to update it comes up with the same failure message and uninstalls. I have all the expansions and stuff packs to install on a new Win10 laptop. Thanks!

Message 10 of 13 (3,036 Views)