Re: Sims 2 disappearing sims,white lot,and more. Please help!!

by Twohalfstrashcan

Original Post

Sims 2 disappearing sims,white lot,and more. Please help!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Lots of problems please help!

There's a lot going on here!

The first problem is when I try to download any more cc than what I have my game will either not load my town and quit unexpectedly, Load my town but some of my houses saved in the bin will disappear as well as sims living in the town, or just not open at all.

The Second problem is if I make a new sim to add to an existing household; once I play that household, the new sim won't show up. It's like They disappeared!

The 3rd Is for some reason when I try to put a lot in this one spot ( see pictures) the whole town's terrain will turn white ( see pictures).

The forth is that if I build a home before adding a sim to it once I add the sim it won't give me the option to leave buy/build mode; like I never moved a sim in.

Any help would be great, thank you!!

*Edit* Just an fyi I play the sims 2 super collection on mac.

Message 1 of 5 (1,085 Views)

Champion

@Twohalfstrashcan , it sounds like several problems are occurring and these are some of the solutions.

1) You are playing with a Mod/CC that is very out of date or is not geared for the EPs/SPs you have installed and it is causing the game to "crash" so's to speak and not respond properly. Before adding them back, go back to the sites you downloaded those mods/CC from and insure that you are downloading the latest versions and that they are built specifically for the EPs/SPs you own. If you see a mod that is built for Freetime or Apartment Life, those will not work in your game as those EPs were never released on the Mac. 

2) While the game has been updated to run 64 bit, it still can't handle a lot of CC. I would cull your CC so that you install only what CC you can't live without. Also, to insure that some of your CC isn't corrupted, install only a few pieces at a time, start up the game and see how it handles those pieces and then add a few more. 

3) Like Sims 3 and 4, each household has a limit on the number of Sims that can live in each lot/house. I think the limit is either 6 or 8. I can't remember exactly.

4) And to make sure the game is working properly, you need to move your Sims 2 folder to your Desktop to allow the game to rebuild a new one. I know there is a thread on here detailing where to find the Sims 2 folder on the Mac as it isn't in Documents like the Windows version. It's under where to install CC on the Mac. If you can't find it, let me know and I will post the link for you later this evening.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,063 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply.

I do believe that this is a cc problem and will do what you've advised on that but the problem with the sims not showing up has nothing to do with having too many in a household at a time.

I've tried to add 1 sim to a household of 2 and the glitch has happened.

Message 3 of 5 (1,051 Views)

Champion

@Twohalfstrashcan , that sounds like a CC or Mod error. Do you still need instructions on how to find the Sims 2 folder?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,045 Views)

★★ Novice

No, Thank you for you're time.

Message 5 of 5 (1,038 Views)